Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is doing good... Had a couple steps taken backwards on the potty training tho... Started to revert back to no clues/signals being given before "i gotta go potty" and is now "I GOTTA GO ..... NOW!!!!!! " then not even 2 minutes later its "oppps your too late". **shoes might be on but not tied or they may be tied but no coat on yet -- too friggin cold to go without a coat here, lol** ... and i cant let her out immediately into a backyard as i live in a 3rd floor apartment, and the complex doesn't allow pets out on the balcony's without renter right there, and the animal cant go potty on the balcony either.

Mouthy 'n Nipping but has adult canine teeth*2 top incisors and bottom 2 parrell to the top 2* with looks like 2 more coming out(very wiggly). The yelping has ceased to work with her when she mouths or nips a little too hard. I started using the word "no" and keeping my back turned to her with arms crossed over my chest. trying to find 1 way that will work and she wont become immune to, on getting her to stop nipping and mouthing... she really does it when we are playing(especially when kristin starts crawling around on all fours looking for missing small barbie stuff, or when kristin gets a little excited and starts running around inside), or even when she wants attention. And no i dont give her attention(and dont let my 9yr old either) when she does it to get attention, until she's calm 'n has sat and isn't mouthing/nipping*and i wait 30seconds of this behavior before i give her the attention*. The day my mother came over for another visit & whenever she would try to nip or mouth her or even try to jump on her, I would snap her leash on*i would have it sitting beside me*, and i would remove her from the room and shut her in the bathroom(room she is least likely to do damage in) for 30 seconds, then i let her out. and yes it is repeated on this. She is a stubborn puppy. lol. When she gives the behavior wanted, i give the "gentle" command and say "good sasha" and my mom praises her and pets her on her head as well.
Good news is that whenever Jessica is crawling around or exploring or playing with her toys, Sasha will leave her alone... Once Jessica was playing with a activity center*had the legs off cause she cant walk yet and only stands with support*, Sasha came over and plopped down beside her with a sigh and rested her head on her paws and dozed off but would pop awake if you went close to jessica.... and she has done this with kristin, when kristin would be doing stuff at the kitchen table, she would lay down on the floor at kristins feet and do the exact same thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts