Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That dog's ears remind me of a Lionesses ears! Cool dog! Looks rather large too. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sarabi is ancestor of kangal and caucasian. there is a statue of sarabi in perse polis.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
I wrote a research paper when I was a junior in high school about dog fighting that largely dealt with the middle east... It's heartbreaking... There are other ways to earn money. I'm assuming you're not involved though...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh. . .great loss. . .greatdane & irish wolfhound are tall and somewhat similar to the kangal dog breed but they'll never be comaprable to this breed. At present greatdane has been made a show piece only with many serious health concerns and weak stamina. On other hand wolfhound can't tolerate the hot Asian climate well. . .
kangal is the succeeding breed but Turkey doesn't export their national dog . . .
And sarabi isn't known worldwide. . Even i came to know about them here. . .
Fights till death !!! Very sad to know about this loss. . .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh. . .great loss. . .greatdane & irish wolfhound are tall breeds but they'll never be comaprable to this breed. At present greatdane has been made a show piece only with many serious health concerns and weak stamina. On other hand wolfhound can't tolerate the hot Asian climate well. . .
Only kangal is the succeeding breed but Turkey doesn't export their national dog . . .
Very sad to know about this loss. . .
theyre persian not turkish

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sarabi is a persian breed and kangal is turkish.
I tought he said sarabi is a turkish breed

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ah, like that. You know, I had never heard of the Sarabi before this topic. Do you know of other rare persian breeds?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts