Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Because you need to consider what's BEHIND the dog too. If the dog has fabulous attributes otherwise, but is "fair", there's no reason to "Throw it out" if the hip production behind it is sound, and if the dog is throwing "Good" and "excellent" itself.

Strauss has a "fair" parent...he OFA'd good. The hips behind him were good too.

I'd be concerned breeding Fair x Fair, but not Fair x Good or Fair x Excellent. Heck, I'd be concerned that Excellent x Excellent could produce hips that are too tight :p
Exactly. Thanks for explaining it so clearly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, good day! My husband and I planning to get Samoyed. We love to have Samoyed. We also know it's needs time and patience with them. Just now we are hoping to have baby and it might be twins if God permits it. Is Samoyed 😊 is good outdoor? We have small apartment, no backyard, so we will need him/her to go outside to walk,run, excercise,play outdoor often. We have the will and want just scared in someways if we have twins will we manage to take good care of Samoyed on this situation. If we have him/her around 2 1/2 or 3 months and try to have regular routine. Will they be good? Hows your experience with yours? Is it good for us now to get Samoyed or better for now to get smaller and a bit less of attention for grooming who shed less so we can have time to walk and everything with the dog?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts