Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

First time puppy owner (this Saturday) and first time poster here. Excited about the journey and am hopeful I found a place I can come with all the questions I may have... I hope this is a supportive community.
That said, our boy is a Mini Goldendoodle and we purchased based on picture... we received another picture today as an update.
I’m ultimately curious if anyone has a thought on it... the left picture was taken around 6 weeks and the right picture was taken today at 8 weeks. So around a 2 week difference...
Do you think it’s the same dog...?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well, depending on how much editing was done on the pictures, uh..... maybe?

When you say you picked him based on his picture, do mean you looked at a bunch of puppy pictures, and said "I'll take that one"? Good (or even just halfway decent) breeders will match each puppy they breed with prospective owners based on what the buyer wants and needs from their future pet and the individual puppy's temperament and personality.

A good example of that is the puppy I'm getting in a couple of weeks. Based on looks alone, I wanted one particular puppy. However based on what I need in a dog, and how his temperament developed, I'm getting a different puppy. One that I wouldn't have considered based simply on his color not being what I was hoping for.

Reactions: K9luv and Kensi

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
It could be lighting/editing, but from my poodle experience it's very unusual for a puppy to get darker red - usually they go lighter, if anything. I definitely understand being worried, with the demand for pets so high due to people being stuck at home, there's lots of scammers out there. Do you have more information about this breeder or how the process has been like? That could give some clues as to whether this might be a broker fronting for a commercial breeder/puppy mill (which does increase the risk of not getting the puppy - or even age or breed - you think you are, among other issues) or something else fishy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree, there's so many scammers out there right now, but my personal opinion is it could be the same dog, just the 1st pic is really washed out (bright). Even the nose and eyes are darker in the right pic. Also the hair curls look the same, just longer hair. Only my opinion looking at the pics, I'm not saying not to cautious about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone. Honestly, we’re going to love him regardless. I probably shouldn’t even worry about it. It’s just the principal, I don’t want to be taken advantage of... but, had I done this differently, it couldn’t happen. Live and learn...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts