Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our new puppy on halo wild salmon recipe for puppies. I read through so many ingredient lists on dog foods and this one seemed to be one of the best with no "meal"or by product and no fillers and grains. Our dog has done well on it unfortunately the one store that sells it has only small bags and our dog goes through one in a week or less. So they also had chicken flavor I assumed since it was the same brand it wouldn't cause problems. I still only mixed a little chicken with the salmon we had,the dog didn't eat much of the chicken and consequently has diarrhea. Now he also skipped meals which is solo unusual. I stopped the chicken completely and was able to get him to eat a few bites down this morning of his salmon. Hs also being treated for roundworms but has been doing awesome since he was treated at the vet. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did he start the meds for his roundworms? That might cause diarrhea. I used Halo Spot's Chicken Stew for my dogs when they were puppies. Usually if I switch varieties I mix them in for like 4 days or so and then it can take a week or so for the stools to be normal. Other than that the only thing I can think of is he might be allergic to the chicken or something in it. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He started the end of January on his medicine and just took the one dose in office. The next one he is due on the 20th. But he was doing better with the medicine no vomitting and stools were good. This just seemed to happen as soon as we tried the chicken flavor. I'm guessing there's just something about the chicken but I was more concerned with him not wanting to eat now even though I got rid of the chicken flavor.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
How old is he? Young pups can go downhill rapidly. If you have the slightest concern that he is dehydrated get him to the vet pronto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts