Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decide it would be a good idea to start a Whelping thread for my dog Sally. She is a Bull Arab Cross cattle dog, which we use for working cattle. Breeding her was planned, as both her and the father of the pups are good working dogs. Anyway she was breed on the 17th of September and is due on the 18th of November. therefore she has about 2 weeks and 4 days. Thing is she is HUGE! she looks like she is full of puppies. we will have homes for the puppies, because as said they are good cattle dogs. i have tired to post pictures of her, which don't give her belly much to talk about, but if they work i will post pics of the pups when born!

100_4469.jpg 100_4492.jpg 100_4465.jpg 100_4468.jpg 100_4489.jpg 100_4493.jpg

Thanking you, Nia...

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Wow.......she is a beautiful dog! I wish her well and hope everything turns out fine. :)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Never heard of her breed/mix, I'm curious are they related to ACDs? Do you live on a farm where she actually gets to work cattle for a living? Must be one happy dog if so. :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I would like to hear that the hips of these dogs have been checked, not saying they haven't had their X-rays done you just didn't mention it. I am happy to see dogs being bred for an honest good purpose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes! we do live a farm, where we run cattle, she loves it. she is just a bit of everything. We have had her health checked and all that, but i have not been able to get an x-ray (for the pups), as we are so far from a town that can do it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could feel the puppy's moving this morning, will try and get some good pics today. i can also get a bit of milk out of her nipples, is this normal for a dog who is due in 13 days?

Thanks Nia

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Im going to say i believe the poster is in aussie land, as this is the only places where I have heard of bull arabs (where does this name come from?).

Hope they fullfill their working farm needs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, i am from Australia, i live in QLD. Bull Arabs are used for pigging or wild boar hunting. what we and many people use them for is for catching wild scrub bulls or for force to push the cattle or bloke them. We like them because they hang off the cattle. we only have sally, the rest of are dogs are border collies or cattle dogs. that is why we are breeding form her. the father, Ace is cattle dog cross border collie.

·
Registered
496 Posts
what a beautiful girl, i hope everything goes well and all are healthy and happy during and after the pregancy/birth.

how funny though cause my vet said Chisum looked like he had Bull arab in him and i was just like... what in the world is that?? ( he was morale support for my other dog goign in for a test and shot hehe)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you Jess, i think that bull Arabs look pretty cool and that is pretty cute that he was there for morale support.

Ace.jpg

And i just thought i would put up a picture of the puppies dad, Ace.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are some pictures taken today of Sally and her big fat belly, lets hope she doesn't here i said that! Anyway it was a bit of a struggles to get, but i finely got a good picture of her tummy. It shows how fat she is, do you think she is fatter compared to any normal 8 week pregnant dog? also you guys should have a guess when she will have the puppies (shes due on the 18th of November) and how many puppies she will have, as i would just like to have a bit of fun with this forum that is all.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think from now to tomorrow may be it. Sally is digging a huge hole under her cage (will post a pic maybe). Her belly looks like it has drop, as she is skinner around her spine. she is due tomorrow (Friday 18th) so it kinda makes it more likely. also, i know most dogs get more affection, but she would rather run round and dig, then sit with me like we do everyday. so keen if she is going to have them tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sally is beautiful! I love cattle dogs, grew up on a little ranch in Arizona. We always had Queensland heelers and collies.
My parents still have one girl, heffer and she is not your average cattle dog. Loves to herd, but she loovess to just be applied rotten and hang out inside with people rather than animals. She's even scared of peacocks and pigs! Haha
now I've got a 9handsome month old, Achilles (blind and abused as a pup). However, after looking up bull nose Arabs, he and his mother look alot more like those than queenslands..hmmm?
Anyhow..
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! :) I hope everything goes great for you and salltly!

-ive always wanted to live in australia since I was a kid!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so we have 5 so far, will get pics and sex when she is done, she is still really fat! thurlery they are beautiful dogs hey! i don't think i could live without mine!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts