Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my tile I've always used water and white vinegar, but now with a puppy that's peeing all over the place I'm wondering if I should do something about killing the bacteria and also the smell.

I've been using baby wipes and cleaning as much as possible, but haven't mopped the floors yet. I'm just wondering if I should use maybe amonia or bleach to disinfect the floors? I know it's a bad idea to mix vinegar and bleach/amonia, but right now with all the urine that's been hitting my floors I'd like to kill the smell so the dog doesn't think it's her place to relieve herself and also disinfect the floors

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I use bleach - just rinse the floor real good, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Don't use ammonia! That will encourage the dog to go there. I haven't read your thread if you have one, but I can't help wondering why your puppy is peeing all over the place... Use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for disinfectant. Or better yet, a product made for pet urine smells. There's OUT, Nature's Miracle, and I'm sure there are more. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have another post about it, she's learning to use the back, but seems to only figure out that pooping is for the backyard and peeing is for inside. She actually gets excited when she poops outside and runs up to me looking for a treat, but peeing, she just hasn't grasped that she needs to do it outside. She's getting better everyday, but I've only had her 8 days so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts