Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a puppy, a small dog, a mixed breed or not. It won't be for a good few months, and I'll know when I find the right dog.
But my question is, what can i use to make the garden safe? We have hedges on two sides, and 6foot fencing on the other. Will wire stuffed tight into the bottom of the hedge work? My neighbours have 3 lovely dogs, which have never been able to get through the hedge, but I don't want to risk it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I would think if you're willing to stuff wire into the hedge, you could just build a fence on your side of the hedge. If your dog is a small breed, it wouldn't have to be very tall. Something like this.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It would depend on how determined your pup (and the neighbor's) was to get through. Keep in mind, if there's a puppy in your yard, the neighbor's dogs might not be so content to stay in their yard. Now, they have no real reason to get into your yard. If there's another dog there, it's going to give them a reason to get through those hedges or dig, perhaps leaving a hole that your dog could get through and get out. I wouldn't trust the hedges or the snow fencing with a small breed dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts