Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for the community. We have recently been researching Welsh Springer Spaniels, when we stumbled on Russian Spaniels. Upon further inspection, we found that they are perfect for us, and actually offer everything we've been looking for. Here's the best part, there is actually a breeder in Halifax, which is very close by. We have been doing as much reading as possible, however the amount of available information is pretty sparse. We contacted the russian spaniel club of North America, and are waiting on further reply. We were just wondering if any one here has had any experience with the breed, or knows any information about them. We'd love to know what an owner has to say! Thanks again guys,
M&C

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I don't have experience with the breed, but I'd contact the breeder you're interested in and learn as much as I could about her dogs and his/her lines as that is likely to be more informative than general breed descriptions. If you can, spend some time with his/her dogs and talk to their owners. When you narrow down your choices to a specific breeder, you're going to learn more from his/her dog / his/her lines than from a general breed description.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are already in talks with three breeders, mainly the one in Halifax. We have heard a lot of great things about the breed, and have even been sent pictures of the parents pedigrees. Of course, and this goes for a lot of breeders, they always push positively for their respected breeds. I'm not saying they have nothing bad to say, but for the most part they do usually have a lot more good to say. That's why we came to the forum, just to get an opinion from an owner's perspective. Unfortunately, they are a very rare breed, and we have been having a hard time finding anyone who owns one. Hopefully someone here can help us :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts