Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago today I had to let my angel go. I can't even describe the pain and emptiness. But it was time.

Her natural tenacity, stubbornness, and her love of life and all her people kept her strong and kept her fighting. She beat three different cancers in as many years. She handled the daily insulin injections and testing like a champ. In the end, multiple irreversible GI diseases wore her out. She wasn't absorbing nearly enough nutrients or protein to sustain her old body. Despite trying everything, she was becoming emaciated and weak. I'm glad my parents were able open my eyes to it. I was in denial and would have kept trying and trying and trying to make her better. I still feel very guilty for letting her go, even though I know full well it was the right thing to do.
Thankfully (for her) her last day was a good day. She was in heaven being given endless biscuits and Greenies. Then she was gone. It makes my heart physically hurt to think about. I miss her more than I ever could have imagined. She will always be my heart dog and my Bella Boo Poopie Doo.

Run free, sweetie. Thank you for everything and for being my everything.
Please come visit!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
I dreaded the day that I would inevitably see this post. No dogs live long enough... But Bella had the best life and it was a privilege to see snippets of it here. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks epicswife and Doglight.

Thanks Canyx. I cried when you told us that Soro passed...also dreading the day I would make the same post.
I pick up her ashes today. Hopefully that will help fill at least a tiny bit of the emptiness.
God, I miss her :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts