Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today was Ruby's first official day out(that didnt involve vet visits) with me and my son. First we wnt to PetsMart to buy her prescription food ($50 a case :eek:) Then we went to the store to run couple errands, afterwards we went out to eat (she stayed quietly inside her travel bag, slept the whole time) Then we went to my mom's she had a blast running around inside her house...she pee pee and poo poo in the potty pad i took for her:D(very proud of her) Both my son and Ruby were so exhausted by the end of the day that they are completely passed out:)

·
Banned
352 Posts
so today was Ruby's first official day out(that didnt involve vet visits) with me and my son. First we wnt to PetsMart to buy her prescription food ($50 a case :eek:) Then we went to the store to run couple errands, afterwards we went out to eat (she stayed quietly inside her travel bag, slept the whole time) Then we went to my mom's she had a blast running around inside her house...she pee pee and poo poo in the potty pad i took for her:D(very proud of her) Both my son and Ruby were so exhausted by the end of the day that they are completely passed out:)
If I may ask........you took the dog inside the store and the restaurant in a travel bag? If so....why?

·
Banned
352 Posts
Understandable.

However, if I may suggest please, next time use the drive-through at the restaurant, and plan ahead so that you do not have to take the dog into any stores where pets are not allowed. If your dog is not a legitimate service dog, then it has no business being in the public venue. Besides violating the law and health codes, having a pet dog in venues where they do not belong dishonors all legitimate service dogs and their disabled users, and makes a mockery of all the access rights that the disabled have had to fight for. Please, in the future, plan ahead so that you do not take your pet in places where it does not belong. All legitimate service dog users will thank you for your polite consideration.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I'm so glad Ruby is doing better and that you had a good day out. I hear you about the prescription food. Our dog is on it, too, and it's horribly expensive. But it's what she needs right now so that's that. Cheers to Ruby!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understandable.

However, if I may suggest please, next time use the drive-through at the restaurant, and plan ahead so that you do not have to take the dog into any stores where pets are not allowed. If your dog is not a legitimate service dog, then it has no business being in the public venue. Besides violating the law and health codes, having a pet dog in venues where they do not belong dishonors all legitimate service dogs and their disabled users, and makes a mockery of all the access rights that the disabled have had to fight for. Please, in the future, plan ahead so that you do not take your pet in places where it does not belong. All legitimate service dog users will thank you for your polite consideration.
it wasnt my intention to make a mockery of anything. I'll keep that in mind next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts