Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I got a new frenchie puppy who was being fed on Royal Canin Mini Junior so I carried that on. However her stools are very soft and loose as well as quite light in colour, she goes very often (she once went 5 times before lunch time) and she farts... ALOT!

Ive kept her diet the same with three meals each being a handful in size.

Its not as if she is ill as other than the above she is a very happy, healthy and intelligent girl so I was just wondering.... is Royal Canin Mini Juniour good enough quality food? Is there another brand people would recommend?

All my previous dogs were fed on almo nature and have always had great digestion but I have never had a frenchie before so I dont know if they react to things differently?

Thanks in advance! :wave:

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Where do you live? I don't know what foods are available to you so I can't really make any recommendations. But try to look for something with meat as the first ingredient.

No matter how good a food is, if your individual dog doesn't do well on it, it's not the right food for HER. So give something else a try. But also, puppies frequently have a lot of parasites so you should have the vet do a fecal test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in london but the internet gives me access to nearly anything! and okay i will look at other foods and the ingredients in them! i will also book an appointment with our vet!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
How much are you feeding her in terms of cups? "Handful" is harder to be accurate with. It could be that you are simply feeding her too much food.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its about a cup full of food each day i reckon - so 1/3 each meal and then of course i give her treats for training but not too many as im aware they shouldnt have too many

·
Registered
704 Posts
Royal canin is an OKAY food. It's not the absolute worst but its far from the best. I'd rate it marginally better than iams, which doesn't say a whole lot. And its like 3 times the price. It's full of fillers like corn and brewers rice and they recently started using by products but at least it's made in Canada and not full of artificial colours. I know that it is for whatever reason very well digested by puppies. But I'd look at switching to something better pronto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts