Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rufus decided to ignore me today while off leash at the park, and went down to the creek and rolled in something. He came out of the woods with a slimy spot on his butt by his tail and on his right shoulder. I have never smelled anything SO BAD in my LIFE. It's a horrible smell I cannot even begin to explain. At home I washed him with an entire bottle of shampoo and sprayed him with some deodorizer but he still REEKS. How do I get the smell out??

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone posted this skunk remover a little bit ago, and some other posters seconded it as a good scent remover:

1 pint bottle hydrogen peroxide
1/3 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon (good squirt) of grease cutting dish detergent, Dawn is good

Also, I use this on Ruby and it really does make her smell good. She tends to have a rather sharp smell from time to time and this takes it completely away. I've used other colognes and this one is really amazing. (It's $2.50 at Petsmart, although it's not on their website).

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Susie found a very dead fish lying in the bush, probably an Eagle dropped it as there are a lot of them down on the Lake right now eating the dead fish that were killed over the winter. She rolled on it and smelled so bad, I made her stay outside. I sprayed some Nature's Miracle Skunk Deodorizer on her and it completely got rid of the smell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts