Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's finally time for me to get Brae his own collar. I originally thought I'd go for a super artistic, thick, and embellished collar. But my favorite is actually Hilltop Leather's rolled leather collar with a metal nameplate. Soro's is still in excellent condition.

The problem is, I don't think Hilltop makes dog collars anymore...? And the rolled leather collars I've seen elsewhere have a thin, rather ugly 'section' where the nameplate is.

Any recommendations for a high quality, simple, rolled leather collar that allows me to attach a nameplate? Price is not an issue. This may be the only collar I buy for Brae (unless he outgrows it).

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well predictably... After posting this I tried searching again and I found two sites that seem to sell very nice rolled leather collars. D'oh :D
The problem is, most sites don't show a picture of the 'inside' of the collar so I can't see what the nameplate section looks like from the back.

I guess I'd still love suggestions if anyone has a favorite company that sells quality products.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I recently found an Etsy shop that sells cylindrical bead-style ID tags for rolled leather collars, if you wind up wanting an alternative. Only got mine a couple days ago, so I can't speak to how they wear, and they only have room for two lines of info, but they're kind of a neat option. If they're smaller companies, the sites may also send you photos of the inside of the nameplate on request. Haven't bought any rolled leather collars myself, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally like Tory and Perri's brands. They make a lot of horse tack products and the quality seems to hold up well.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your suggestions! I'll look into them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recommend Mendota products standard rolled dog collar, the hardware is made of solid brass and it comes with a buckler, a center ring and a D-ring to prevent the collar from rubbing on your dog’s neck and without causing any hair tangling problems. Collars dry quickly and don’t stain.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
After two years, I'm pretty sure they've bought a collar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.