Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are mainly horse pictures but there are a few of the dogs as well. We spent the day in Lexington at Rolex and had a lot of fun! I brought my aussie along and my friend brought her two dogs. I was very proud of Boomer, last year he was a little jumpy with everything going on and this year he was wagging his little nub all day. I think he was just happy to be outside. He's been stuck inside a lot the last week with the semester ending and me being busy with that. He was rolling in the grass and after a lot of whining and demanding from him I even let him go for a swim in the pond and smell like wet dog the 3 hour drive home. Its fun to see all the dogs people bring, I was surprised at some of the breeds I saw. Our dogs sure got a lot of attention again this year. Everyone wants to pet them and take pictures of them. I got a lot of comments on my border collie or mini aussie haha (yes because my 54 lb, 21 in. tall aussie looks like a mini I guess?)

My happy boy

My friends two

Tired aussies

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is the closest I got to getting a picture of the three of them together. I guess I should've tried that at the beginning of the day when they weren't so exhausted

After sleeping the entire drive home, this is what he does the second we walk in the door.. I think I broke him!

And as a side note, I ended the day by breaking my camera :( so no more pictures from me for awhile

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Nice photos and dogs and horses ... love it all! :)

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
How fun and you got some great action photos there. I love the Horse Park. Didn't get to go to Rolex this year, did go to the WEG last year for the xc driving event.

I think the cross-country portion is the most exciting. One of my friends was boarding a Rolex horse last year and we took him and her eventing horse out for a "trail ride" - wow those horses can jump! I'd never done a trail ride that involved leaping off a 10 foot bank into a river before :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How fun and you got some great action photos there. I love the Horse Park. Didn't get to go to Rolex this year, did go to the WEG last year for the xc driving event.

I think the cross-country portion is the most exciting. One of my friends was boarding a Rolex horse last year and we took him and her eventing horse out for a "trail ride" - wow those horses can jump! I'd never done a trail ride that involved leaping off a 10 foot bank into a river before :)
I agree, I think the cross-country is the most exciting to watch too! Those horses are just amazing. I'm jealous that sounds like a very fun trail ride haha!!

Next year I'd like to go two days though and see another event as well. Its so hard to get the shopping done and actually watch the competition all in one day. And next year I'm saving the shopping for the end. Its not easy walking the course while carrying three giant heavy bags and holding onto a dog leash lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts