Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's untrained. He jumps on cars, people, doors, couches, beds. He doesn't sit, stay, down, here, or heel. He's got SA. And he's eight months old.

I've been banned from training and walking him, because of my AVM. That basically means he will continue to jump on cars, people, doors, couches, and beds. He won't sit, stay, down, here, or heel. Nothing will ever be done for his SA, and it will get worse over time.

When my brother is done mowing, (I know he'll be mad) but he's going to have to realize if Robert doesn't get the training he NEEDS (not to mention the vet care...fleas, ticks, mites) he's leaving. End of story.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Hmm. Not much detail here except the fact the PUPPY is untrained...sorry to be nosy but what's an AVM and is Robert the dog or your brother? Who owns the puppy? You? Your brother? Both of you? WHY is the pup not trained? It's not his fault..it's the human's....
I would be much less likely to dismiss this post if there was some logic to it.

Most dogs that get given up for adoption or to rescue are between 7 and 18 months of age. Puppies, All of them. All due to 'misbehaving' that is the FAULT OF THE OWNERS.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That is a shame. He could be saved but for a little training.

I hate to see dogs be sent away from their home for something that is not their fault.

Ludo is a little monster (hence the name) but he is my monster and his bad behavior is the result of me not training him properly. I could never let him be taken away because of that!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow! That is just sad.

This is the reason rescues are over ran with dogs, only to live in filth or be put down, because their owners no longer have time for them, or didnt properly train them to begin with. It's a good thing there are laws against doing this to human toddlers..................

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. Not much detail here except the fact the PUPPY is untrained...sorry to be nosy but what's an AVM and is Robert the dog or your brother? Who owns the puppy? You? Your brother? Both of you? WHY is the pup not trained? It's not his fault..it's the human's....
I would be much less likely to dismiss this post if there was some logic to it.

Most dogs that get given up for adoption or to rescue are between 7 and 18 months of age. Puppies, All of them. All due to 'misbehaving' that is the FAULT OF THE OWNERS.
An AVM (Arterio-Venous Malformation), for me, is a collection of brain cells that are clumped together on my brain stem. Some people live with with them their whole lives, with mine brain fluid built up enough to cause bleeding. After 1 week of being entirely sedated and under paralyzing medication, they let me wake up. I spent another week in ICU and a week in therapy.

Robert is my brothers puppy, entirely, but I've been taking the most care of him. He got him from a friend as a temprorary thing, but that friend got pregnant and 'can't handle an untrained dog.' My brother has absolutely no idea what responsibility is. He dropped out of school, and can't hold a job... and he expects to keep a puppy. If my parents would let me, I would keep him, and train him, and neuter him, but they won't as I already have three dogs, and co-own one, and because of my AVM, I can't handle a 70lb puppy who is causing too much strain on me.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I do not think we will hear fron the OP, may not have gotten the responce they expected.

But the only reason I am responding want to complement Ludo's master for the patients, perseverance, you are a great dog person. That is what it takes and the dog that ends up with people like that, well thats how the term "Lucky Dog" came about!!!!:)

My two dogs are wrecking balls on for legs, and I just cannot get mad at the, they make me :D too much!

And BTW, my first name is Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must apologize, your post left too much to guess and I read it wrong only after further details, Sorry!!! I stepped in it!!!!! So to speak:confused:

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Twinney, I understand your frustration, it's too bad your brother isn't taking responsibility for his dog and is putting the burden on you. You don't need it and you can't handle it right now. IMHO the brother needs to be put out to be on his own and get a hard dose of reality. As far as Robert is concerned, it may be for the best that he's rehomed. Hopefully he'll be adopted by someone more responsible than your brother.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Twinney, thank you for responding. You are in a tough position. I agree with Carla..brother needs a dose of reality and the pup needs a good home if he has a chance for a good, fulfilled life.

Thank you as well for responding about your condition. I know the term but not the acronym. You take care of yourself.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I wondered where you've been Twinney :)

I know you wouldn't just give up on a dog...sounds like a whole lot to deal with :(

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if there was some way to get him here...id take him. he's the pit right?
Yeah, and he's a truely wonderful dog, just untrained. At his size, and the fact I'm not even supposed to do slightly heavy lifting, I can't own him.

In a couple weeks, my brother is going to be without a car, and without a phone, my parents are done paying his bills. He thinks that means he has to move out, and if he wants to he can. Apparently it took them finding out that he showed up to work smelling like pot to finally crack down on him. (That was a temporary job, then he had a job, and was fired.)

I'm trying to talk my brother into letting me find Robert a home that will take good care of him, and he plans on taking him to the first home that will take him. Around here that means he's going to an abusive home, or a neglectful home. :(

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Contact the pit rescue. They might be able to convince your brother to surrender him to them instead of to any local yahoos. If they have room. *Sigh*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts