Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are planning a road trip via RV with the dogs, probably late summer.
Will leave the Denver CO area, travel thru Telluride/Gunnison area, then into Moab Utah.
Has anyone travelled these areas and know of good dog friendly campgrounds and thing to see and do that are dog friendly?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I don't have any information to offer you but I just wanted to say

I'M JEALOUS!!!!!

I've always wanted to pack up an RV and travel around, just me and the dogs.

I hope you have a great time and take lots of pictures so you can share with us when you get back.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I'm jealous too. At this point I'd be satisfied to pack up the dogs in a car and take off someplace. I'm so attracted to the idea of just picking up and going.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't have any info on the area, but I can tell you that road trips with a dog is great fun. We haven't gone in an RV yet, but we've gone several times with campers and such and it's just a blast.

You are right to ask about dog friendly places though as some camp grounds don't allow dogs - which I don't understand but... Also, some places that allow dogs to camp will sometimes restrict them on trails and what not. It can be VERY frustrating. Also, make sure you carry you dog's info (Proof of Rabies, Liscences, Vac's, etc) at all times as this can make a difference as to where you are allowed as well. HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try the rv forum too.
A year and half ago we relocated from NJ to Colorado, we took an RV then, had 1 dog at the time and 2 cats.
It was a great road trip. I think if you do it once, youre hooked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts