Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just looking for some support. My dog was my best friend and I don't have many close friends to lean on. Now that he's gone I literally don't know what to do with myself. My room and this house and my bed feel so empty.

He had mast cell tumors but he was totally the same happy dog till this weekend and then it was so sudden.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is so hard. I hope in time you will consider giving a home to another sweet pooch that needs a family.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

If you feel it's too soon to add a new family member, maybe consider fostering, or volunteering at a local animal shelter.

Remember, time heals all wounds. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know it hurts. The only thing I can do is assure you that the emotional pain will lessen over time. You won't forget Louie, his illness or his passing. But as time goes by you'll be able to think less about his passing and more about the fun times you shared.

I had a cat who passed away in 2001, a dog that passed in 2009 and another dog that we lost to illness the summer of 2015. We've been without a pet since my last dog's passing and, for the past two years, I've felt very pet lonely. But the passing of our last dog hit my son especially hard. It took him a full three years to even consider getting another dog. (We get our new puppy next week)

I guess what I am trying to say is not to rush filling that emptiness. In time, you will likely be ready for another bundle of canine fur. For now, allow yourself to mourn Louie's loss then give yourself permission to celebrate his life. Buy a special picture frame and put his photo in it for all to see. Talk about him when you get together with friends and family. Laugh about his silly antics, his quirks. Smile when you remember how much he loved being with you.

Hugs,
oldNgray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts