Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I feel kinda dumb......I know that millions of 10-year-olds in this country download ringtones daily and have a jillion of them on their phones. But I do not know how to do it. I admit I don't have a fancy phone, but I would like to have something other than the standard ringtones (bo-ring!). I Googled it and all I came up with are a bunch of sites that claim to have free ringtones but will, in the fine print, tell you that you can download 150 ringtones a month, but $9.99 a month will be billed to your cell phone plan, and you can't cancel without a notarized act of Congress....blah de blah. What I want is a site where I can pay for ONE ringtone at a time, on my credit card, no fine print, no strings attached. Is there anything like that available?

I have a Verizon LG VX835V02 (the one that's $20.00 when you renew the contract :p ).

·
Registered
916 Posts
Check you cell phone providers website. I know that I can go to Sprint/Nextel and get a ring tone for like 2.99 or something like that and have it billed either to my phone bill OR my credit card.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I found the Verizon website and bought some.....unfortunately, the ringtones went to my mom's phone, probably since hers is the primary number. I must have done something wrong when it came to that. Ergh. I wonder if the guy at the Verizon store can transfer them to my phone? Also, it didn't give me the choice to put it on my credit card, it just billed right to the account.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. Nextel always asks the number and then sends it to you in a text message type thing. Hopefully the Verizon guy will be helpful!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a Blackberry and their ringtones are crap! I use zedge.com, ringtones are free and I have never had an issue. I download them right to my computer then transfer through my BB desktop manager. I know you can send them right to your phone though, pretty easy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Go to www.phonezoo.com. There you can create an account and upload ANY song you have on your hard drive. Moreover, you can then use ANY part of the song you want. Once you do that, you can have the ringtone sent to your phone but texting rates apply. However the site if free!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go to www.phonezoo.com. There you can create an account and upload ANY song you have on your hard drive. Moreover, you can then use ANY part of the song you want. Once you do that, you can have the ringtone sent to your phone but texting rates apply. However the site if free!
This is a good site, that's what I use and my kids use and the best thing it's free!! I have Verizon too.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i got mine thru my phone. i have a different phone (the crazor...which sucks) but i have verizon

theres an option called "get it now" or something, and i went into that and downloaded VZW tones deluxe which is free to download, and then you can download ringtones thru that. i think they are $2.99 a pop and you get billed for them on your regular monthly bill. be careful it can be addictive...

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found out that texting is blocked on my phone (who knows why? It must have happened when we upgraded), so that's probably why the ring tones wouldn't go to my phone. Maybe they tried my phone first, found it blocked, then sent it to the primary number. Or something. I'll ahve to get that taken care of first.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just found out that texting is blocked on my phone (who knows why? It must have happened when we upgraded), so that's probably why the ring tones wouldn't go to my phone. Maybe they tried my phone first, found it blocked, then sent it to the primary number. Or something. I'll ahve to get that taken care of first.
Oh no! That stinks. That's pretty much the only way to get free ringtones, haha. I use myxer.com. Just give them your number and they'll send ringtones right to your phone for free. If your phone doesn't have that capability, they'll send them via text, though. that might be an issue. If you do get texting back, use myxer, you can even make your own ringtones :]

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, my mom is going in tomorrow to try to get things cleared up. I'd go myself, but I'm working all day every day this week :( (OK, the extra money is nice, but I'm used to working part time and I like it).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also use phonezoo an it's a-maze-ing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts