Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6-mo-old terrier Merlee is now 6 days past spay surgery. All has gone very well in spite of her high energy levels vs. crate rest ;)

She's been taking tramadol and rimadyl since the spay Monday morning. Her last dose was last night, no meds this morning, so 5 days on those meds. She seems to be fine EXCEPT that just now when I picked up her morning poop, I noticed it's black. This is one of the rimadyl warning signs, right? Otherwise she is acting completely normal, peeing fine, eating and drinking fine, acting all happy and puppy-like. If it weren't for the black poop, I wouldn't even be here asking anything.

Because today is Sunday, my options are the emergency clinic or wait till tomorrow when my vet's office reopens.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on this even tho it's all old news. The blackish poop continued but it turned out to be some purple berries in our yard she was eating. They were everywhere for weeks so I had no hope of keeping her from them, but she suffered no ill effects and once she stopped being interested in them her poop resumed normal shades of brown :)

And that's good because she needed the rimadyl for a week or so longer after spay surgery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts