Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while. I have been super busy with school, as it is not a normal school but very active (camping, canoeing and whatnot) But I have some time before i have to take Riley out then go to bed, so I decided to post some pictures and an update!

Well Riley has had a bit of a set back. It is entirely my fault, and I feel so guilty and keep kicking myself for it.
So we were on his first walk to the baseball field. He pulled a little bit but overall did great. I released him when we closed the gate and he was in heaven. I threw the ball and he seemed so happy. So that went great! When we walked home, he walked beside me the whole way, he didn't pull once! So a couple hours later he was ready to go again! My friend called and wanted to hang out since she is having a rough time at the moment, i suggested she meet me at the school, to play with Riley in the baseball field. So we walked down again and met up with her. But the baseball field was occupied. So... i took him to the closed in tennis court. And i regret it so much, I was honestly so stupid, but i see people throw a ball around in there for their dogs all the time, so i thought, why not. Well, after about half an hour we went home. He seemed fine.. But later that night, i called him over for some cuddles and he was walking very slowly and looked like he was in pain. So I checked his paws.. and all four of his paws were all torn up. I am such an idiot. The pavement tore his paws up from running. DUH. Ugh, anyway, I cleaned them and bandaged them and he was such a good boy. He couldn't walk it hurt too much, so every time i took him out I picked him up and took him outside and set him by his favorite pee spot. He is about 52 pounds, and i have back problems so my lower back and muscles on the inside of my arms are killing me from having to do it for the past two days. But it is worth it. I even had to come home from school at lunch (usually not aloud off school property during school) to pick him up, take him out, and re bandage his paws, since he wont let anyone else do it. Anyways he is walking a lot better now, but i just felt like ranting about my stupidity. I will never do something that dumb again. And i feel like such a bad owner. He was in so much pain and I was the one that caused it!! :( Other then that he is doing fantastic and I am so lucky to have such a great dog. , Anyway , here are some pictures of my lovely boy, and sorry about such a long post!

Thanks for reading!

Hope the pics work... never done it before.

[/IMG]

Riley greeting me from a very hot and active day at school

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

My poor boy and his two back legs bandaged.. I didn't take a picture of all paws bandaged.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey dont worry about it, hell be ok and you didnt know = ). And Im guessing it was the loose gravel tennis courts? Because me and wilbur go on the normal paved ones all the time.

For photobucket help just delete all those messed up thingys except the captions, the pic is in your photobucket so thats good lol I usually have to walk people through getting a photobucket account. So go under my albums. Click on the picture you want, just anywhere on the picture. On the right hand side level with the picture a little blue tab should say share, with email, direct link etc under it. Click the blue tab that says share. A tab will pop up, click on the tab all the way to the right that says get link code. 3rd one down says IMG for bulletin boards and forums. Triple click it(copy it) and post in on the forum. Do that for every pic and youll get it = ). If you need anymore help lemme know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dont worry about it, hell be ok and you didnt know = ). And Im guessing it was the loose gravel tennis courts? Because me and wilbur go on the normal paved ones all the time.

For photobucket help just delete all those messed up thingys except the captions, the pic is in your photobucket so thats good lol I usually have to walk people through getting a photobucket account. So go under my albums. Click on the picture you want, just anywhere on the picture. On the right hand side level with the picture a little blue tab should say share, with email, direct link etc under it. Click the blue tab that says share. A tab will pop up, click on the tab all the way to the right that says get link code. 3rd one down says IMG for bulletin boards and forums. Triple click it(copy it) and post in on the forum. Do that for every pic and youll get it = ). If you need anymore help lemme know.
Thanks, i figured out that i was doing the html instead of img. And no that's just it! It was pavement! like, normal paved tennis court.. I didn't even think that his paws would be so sensitive, i was thinking maybe since I have just recently got him from a shelter, he hasn't been able to run around a lot and toughen his paws up? I don't know, just not ever doing that again. T.T , By the way, your dog is absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks, i figured out that i was doing the html instead of img. And no that's just it! It was pavement! like, normal paved tennis court.. I didn't even think that his paws would be so sensitive, i was thinking maybe since I have just recently got him from a shelter, he hasn't been able to run around a lot and toughen his paws up? I don't know, just not ever doing that again. T.T , By the way, your dog is absolutely adorable!
Thats possible, most shelters its smooth pavement and grass for the dogs sooo maybe? someone else chime in. I would(once he gets better) slowly start walking him on harder surfaces to get them a little firmer but its not great for their joints either = /. Thats Wilbur as a puppy hes alot bigger now, but just a pic I had

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats possible, most shelters its smooth pavement and grass for the dogs sooo maybe? someone else chime in. I would(once he gets better) slowly start walking him on harder surfaces to get them a little firmer but its not great for their joints either = /. Thats Wilbur as a puppy hes alot bigger now, but just a pic I had
Yeah, The baseball field is just grass and dirt, so I can still let him run even if his paws are sensitive. And I have seen pics from your threads before, he is still as cute as he was as a puppy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts