Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Fidget has two upper baby canines that still haven't fallen out, and are not really loose at all. I can wiggle them just barely, and they don't seem to hurt her at all, she lets me wiggle them. The gums look nice and normal, not red at all. They just seem to be wedged against her adult canines pretty good.

They don't seem to be affecting her bite so will they just come out on their own eventually? Do I just keep an eye on her gums and watch for any discomfort?
I play tug-of-war every day with her to help loosen them...lol. (I don't ever let her win)

Also this morning we were playing tug of war and the tip of one of the top baby canines broke. It didn't seem to hurt her but will this cause any problems? Should I be worried?

(LOL SHE IS DOING ZOOMIES AROUND THE HOUSE ATM. They are so fun to watch...)

Anyway I would appreciate some answers and input.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I suggest getting those teeth pulled when she is spayed. If the teeth start to rot in her jaw, there could definitely be problems.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope they will do that at the OSPCA Spay and Nueter clinic that we are getting her spayed at... (she is on a waiting list, should be getting a call when she is about 8 months) The place is non-profit so you just pay the cost of the meds and supplies used during surgery. I don't know if they pull teeth o_O

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
They should. Most low-cost places will do minor things like that. The low-cost place I went to said that while the animals are anesthetized, they would do "whatever is needed for the animals' comfort and well-being", which would probably include pulling baby teeth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts