Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an excellent AKC Westie stud dog and I would like to find some reputable sites to advertise him on. He has had genetic testing done, is in the best of health, has a great temperament, and is the perfect picture of the breed standard for the Westie. If anyone knows of a reputable, spam-free site to advertise stud dogs on, please let me know. Also any suggestions for off web advertising would be great. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,844 Posts
No offense, but has that "perfect picture of the breed standard" been confirmed by anyone other than you?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yes, TWO renowned conformation judges said that he is the best Westie they have ever seen.
Awesome, what titles does this dog hold? What is your reason for breeding? What are your hopes for his litter?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is pointed and can easily be a Champion in two months (more than one pro handler said that if they could take him on the road for two weeks he would come back finished, but we would miss him too much.) We are taking him to several local large shows frequently. I breed to improve the breed and for the love of the breed. Several pofessional handlers and judges said the majority of his litter would be top-quality show dogs. P.S. I make sure the female has had genetic testing done, brucellosis testing, and have been thouroghly checked by a vet to make sure they are healthy enough to breed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If all that you say is true, than advertising him shouldn't be necessary. A dog of such high quality and excellent health would be in demand as a stud.

If you want to show off his accomplishments, perhaps you could take an ad in your club's specialty catalogue. The Westie Centennial Specialty is in Lancaster, PA in Sept. but I'm guessing you already know that since you're probably a member of the national club. You could also take an ad in the Montogomery catalogue, or in the Westie Imprint. In any of those publications you'll be showing him to Westie people from all over the country.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks dee236, I would not have thought of an ad in a Westie or other dog magazine. We are taking him to several shows and he is in the catalogue for all those shows. He is in very high demand for use as a stud, but I just wanted a few more ideas to get him a little more exposure. Thank you everybody! I am still open if anyone else has any other ideas.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
If all that you say is true, than advertising him shouldn't be necessary. A dog of such high quality and excellent health would be in demand as a stud.

If you want to show off his accomplishments, perhaps you could take an ad in your club's specialty catalogue. The Westie Centennial Specialty is in Lancaster, PA in Sept. but I'm guessing you already know that since you're probably a member of the national club. You could also take an ad in the Montogomery catalogue, or in the Westie Imprint. In any of those publications you'll be showing him to Westie people from all over the country.
BINGO....
Nessa

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
0f course he is going to Montgomery! Wouldn't miss it! he is in high demand - locally. I just wanted some ways to get his name out there nationwide.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts

Perfectly said.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Thanks dee236, I would not have thought of an ad in a Westie or other dog magazine. We are taking him to several shows and he is in the catalogue for all those shows. He is in very high demand for use as a stud, but I just wanted a few more ideas to get him a little more exposure. Thank you everybody! I am still open if anyone else has any other ideas.
Hope to see you too at the MANY shows coming up in the NC area soon.

Greenville SC July 24, 25, 26.
Entries close this Wednesday

Greensboro NC Aug 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Raleigh NC Sept 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Catalog advertising would be good. You can find more information at http://www.infodog.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
0f course he is going to Montgomery! Wouldn't miss it! he is in high demand - locally. I just wanted some ways to get his name out there nationwide.
What a shame - he didn't make Montgomery or the Westie National! In fact, according to the AKC points awarded dBase, Desiree Scout of Highland has no points at all. When I do a google search on this dog I get quite a few or your ads extolling his excellence as a stud dog and future CH. When I do a google search on my bitch who finished her CH 4 years ago, I still get show reports along with her entry in her breed's OFA report and her page in the breed pedigree dBase. Your webpage contains no important information - no health or title info on your dog(s), no pictures, nothing about your experience in the breed or club affliations. You don't even have attributions for the quotes about Scout; who said all that? Nothing on the site speaks to ethics or responsibility. I think the name of this thread needs to be changed ...

PS If you're planning on being any kind of dog breeder, you might want to remove the link to the H$U$ Myspace page. Do some research.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I really do wonder sometimes how people like this think they're somehow fooling us. I really do wonder.

*shakes head*

·
Registered
631 Posts
So no points in the AKC database...

To go with no OFA record for any westie starting with Desiree.. let alone Desiree Scout of Highland..

You want elbows and hips OFA'd in a possible bitch to mate to..

Yeah.. OFA's chic program for westies is eyes.. no mention of the want for a cerf anywhere.. hips and patellas.. Maybe you need to look into your so called responsible breeding practices a little harder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.