Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is going on, but our cats and Jack are having flea issues like I've never experienced. We've used both frontline and advantage this year, and neither one seems to be doing much. Is there something out there that might work where they fail? Capstar works well enough, and I know it's supposedly safe, but I have no strong desire to give it every other day!

·
Registered
764 Posts
My parents had an awful time with fleas on their dogs and cats this summer. They started with Frontline, and that did nothing. Then they tried the Advantage, and that actually did take care of the fleas. If neither one of those are working for you, you could try Revolution or Trifexis (which is a pill that lasts a month). Both the Revolution and Trifexis also act as heartworm preventative.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Are you treating your house as well? What about adding something like Program to your flea arsenal? It doesn't kill fleas, but it sterilizes them. That in conjunction with the Frontline/Advantage might help.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are treating the house. I think adding to our issue is that we live, quite literally, in the woods. My back yard is fenced, but it is not entirely 'tree free', and the outside is DENSELY wooded. Wildlife abounds. So, I can flea treat the animals and the house, but I can't flea tree the 'coons and squirrels. Flea issues are common with us here, to SOME degree, but the thing that keeps it bearable is being able to kill the animals that are on the animals and keep them off. That's. Not happening this year.

I'll check into revolution, for sure. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts