Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stepdad has a friend Digger, who is a good enough guy, he's hard to explain lol. He's a bit weird, but has a good heart deep down. So this guy Paul, who my stepdad has also known for years, moved in with Digger with two Dachshund's... Digger isn't thrilled w/ it because Paul is never home and he gets stuck taking care of them, and he's not really a dog person. So Paul says he was gonna start looking for a home for one of them who ironically is named Jackson. He is a 5 year old long haired Dachshund black color, and the other is a 1 year old short haired female.

Well we visited over there today and this poor dog (Jack for short) is losing a bunch of his hair in his back area... apparently he had fleas before, but it did not look like he had any now from what we saw... he was scratching like crazy, he was hairless near his butt and his tail had almost no hair. I am assuming it's from a flea allergy. But the dog is suffering and he's a sweetheart.

When I got there both dogs were tied on this little chain outside to their collars, and Digger said when Paul gets home, they usually just spend all the time in the crate anyways. Digger just brought another of his friends 14 year old Golden Retrievers to the pound because the owner was becoming sick and I just can't stand the thought of this dog just being dropped off at the pound like he was

He needs to be seen by a vet. He's in pretty good shape otherwise, not overweight. He is neutered, I think, and had a rabies tag on that was not expired.

Paul gave the ok for me to take him, he was either gonna bring him to pound or find another home and I'd feel better finding him a place to go over him... so I think I am gonna go over there tomorrow morning when I am on my way over to my dads house anyways, there is a really nice rescue over there where my stepmom volunteered and I think they will find him an amazing home. There's also a spay now clinic where Jackson got neutered and they could hopefully at least give him meds. I would not mind fostering him while they wait but I can't really keep him, plus they are not my breed of choice anyways. But I just wanna get this poor dog out of the living situation.... these guys should just not own dogs period, if you knew them.

He seems like a lively active fun little guy and I just felt terrible leaving him there.

So I guess I'll call in the AM and confirm, I hope Paul does not change his mind or something.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I hope everything works out for you and the little guy. It is very nice of you to help him. :) Good luck. Maybe he will find a forever home and be able to know what a good life is all about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts