Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Rescued BullDog Troubles

892 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Curbside Prophet 
#1 ·
Ive recently Taken in two adult bulldogs. The conditions they were living made me soo sad I offered to give them something better as a Temporary solution. The owner has had them since pups and wants to breed them. ( neither are spayed or neutered ) He is currently working ten hour days and was no longer been able to give the time and care they needed. They were staying in their crate for as long as ten hours a day with a small of amount outside after their feeding. Always soiling their crate during the day.

They now live with me out of their crate for as long as possible playing outside enjoying life.

My biggest problem im having is because they weren't getting the training they needed they have started to destroy my house (CHEWING the outside of my house) and eliminating in their crates.

Their feeding schedule is around 8am and 6pm with an hour outside after each.
I crate them overnight. I come down stairs to let them out by seven and the crate is full of pee and poop.. WHAT DO I DO?

The other problem im having is the attention they require is exhausting. I can play and play and they still wont calm down. please give me some advice. The dogs are very sweet but I feel whoever takes them will jus bring them back because of their improper training.

See less See more
#2 ·
Remedial crate training...you know? Where you should let them out in the middle of the night to eliminate, reward good eliminations, so on and so forth until they don't mess in the crate.

As for their energy level, how about more structured exercise, instead of play? Include mental games and training time. And there's nothing wrong with using the crate to take a break for an hour or two when you need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.