Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't say that they are a non-profit. Also they seem to have a high number of purebreed little dogs which is rare for the NY area.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I didn't like that little Gizmo was "rescued" from a puppy mill by bidding on her at an auction. I don't know a legitimate rescue who would pay money to get a dog away from a puppy mill.

Maybe she is legitimate and well-meaning, but that was not the right thing to do IMO.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I agree, she seems well intentioned but a little naive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks good to me...she sure loves her dogs and will do anything to save them. Many shelters would have PTS most of these dogs, but it's obvious that she cares.

As for "legit" thing...you can always check online and check BBB infos.

The one thing that kinda irks me is if you go to Petfinder, you'll see quite a few dogs that are "up for adoption" has passed away. It should be deleted from Petfinder. I just find that wrong. The other thing that sorta bothers me is that on every single dog she has listed, it would tell you how much it costs to care for a dog - "dishonest vet services - $50-$1000". It's kinda obvious that the rescue place is towards holistic practice. So, I'm not sure how she may react if you decide to bring one of her rescue to a good vet that is not holistic.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
I didn't like that little Gizmo was "rescued" from a puppy mill by bidding on her at an auction. I don't know a legitimate rescue who would pay money to get a dog away from a puppy mill.

Maybe she is legitimate and well-meaning, but that was not the right thing to do IMO.

Yes, there are rescues that do this, of course little do they realize they actually drive the price of the dog up and do nothing to stop the auctions and actually ENCOURAGE the millers to continue breeding (the puppy millers actually laugh at them).

·
Banned
749 Posts
The pet finder part of the website is wrong. Fort Lee is not in NY it is in NJ. Also on her actual website I did not see an exact address or phone number. Perhaps I overlooked it somehow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts