Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ignored the show in the past but was looking over various rescue sites today and see that Rescue Ink is closed down. I always wonder when something like this happens. The show made it seem these folks have been doing this "rescue" stuff for some time. The show was very short lived from what I could tell, maybe 5-6 episodes. Anyone else see anything about this organization?

I am just curious because it sounds as thought they had a lot of donation and community support. I wonder what happened to the organization or the individuals involved. I mean, even if the show was a flop, what about the actual rescue efforts? Maybe it was just a show and nothing more so once it flopped they all went in another direction?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I find that surprising. A few of the main people were at a dog event I went to this past spring. I didn't watch the show much but they sounded pretty dedicated when they spoke to the crowd for a few minutes.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RESCUE INK WEBSITE(S) UPDATE
New York, New York — June 16, 2011 – The Rescue Ink Foundation Board of Directors announced today that the foundation has been officially closed and dissolved. The certificate of dissolution was filed with the State of Delaware on June 13, 2011 and accepted by the Secretary of State.

According to the Board of Directors, "The Rescue Ink Foundation is no longer accepting donations and all activities have ceased. Rights to the animals Rebel, Vesper, Lucky, Joe Thunder, Scrappy, Kate & Willie have been assigned to the care of Eric Bellows of Pack Ethic Rescue (http://www.packethic.com/). The board is confident that Eric Bellows and the team at Pack Ethic Rescue will care for and rehabilitate these animals in a compassionate manner."

Rescue Ink was formed to aid in battling animal abuse and neglect and to assist existing animal welfare agencies and shelters. Donations were used to fund animal rescue and animal abuse education.

TO REPORT ANY USE OF THE RESCUE INK NAME FOR ANY PURPOSE OR REQUEST FOR DONATATIONS, OR COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS AGAINST ANYONE USING THE RESCUE INK NAME PLEASE CONTACT:

Telephone: 718-705-4590
Fax: 212-710-5399
Email: [email protected]

The Rescue Ink Foundation (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)
459 Columbus Avenue, Suite 1800
New York, NY 10024

Rescue Ink LLC
459 Columbus Avenue, Suite 1800
New York, NY 10024
Rescue Ink™ was formed to aid in battling animal abuse and neglect and to assist existing animal welfare agencies and shelters. The "Rescue Ink" trademarks, trade names or service marks are property of Hays Entertainment LLC or their affiliates or subsidiaries, or are licensed to them (herein "Rescue Ink"). The unauthorized use of these materials for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is subject to injunctive relief, statutory damages and other penalties.

Even though I think some of these shows are dopey they at least make people aware of some of the issues. I hate seeing any legitimate rescue effort come to an end. I don't know how legit they were or if it was just media hype. I prefer to think they were real folks doing what they could do to help animals in need. Just makes me wonder what happened. It seemed they had a lot invested in a building, vehicles etc... I guess National Geo might have paid for those items when they dropped the show funds ran out?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I wonder if something happened amongst the group so they disbanded? It also seemed they were borderline illegal with some of their techniques like intimidating people into complying, but I can't recall much of the show.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I didn't see anything illegal in any of what I watched but there may have been more. In one case a man told them to leave their property and he was calling the cops. They backed off immediately when the cops said "there was nothing they could do"

I know the frustration of the law protecting the criminal and needing to "wait it out" or "let this one go and hope to help another" like was seen in the show. I am always just sad when any of the "animal protection warriors" fall off the radar. The criminals are never in short supply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rescue Ink had some terrific members, but,...
The top dogs were nothing but crooks.
Still are.
It's best if they did just fall off the radar.
They stand to stain the Animal rights and rescuers who are ernest, and honest.
They have already hurt some of the real rescuers. Best to stay away from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts