Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Memorial Day I found a 4 month old bulldog with a bad limp. Took him to the vet, got an X-ray. Broke his front right leg 3 weeks prior to me finding him. But the break had reset well and had healed most all the way. At the Vets advice, I feed him well and let him rest up for a week, and then started to walk him some daily on my farm. Now he's fully healed and will jump and run and play with other dogs and uses his leg fine most of the time. He normally is really good about following me leash or not. But just sometimes he just wont walk, he just sits down, I stand him up, walk, he sits, repeat.

any advise?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
It likely has nothing to do with his leg and everything to do with him just not wanting to go anywhere. Don't stand him up. You need to make him think it's his idea. Grandma used to say, "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." That goes for dogs as well as people. Get a piece of food or a treat. Put it in front of his face and as he moves toward it, walk away with the food. He will follow your hand and the food. After X number of steps, let him have the food without breaking stride and keep going.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts