Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . have been greatly exaggerated,

And we get lake-effect snow.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
LOL Yup! We just got dumped on again also. It is easier to deal with at this time of year, knowing it is on it's way out. At least for me. I love your house by the way. I certainly hope you take advantage of that big old porch. Summer nights with a cool drink on a porch swing.... Ah, see, spring IS on it's way, hang in there. ;)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
We had a nice week last week, was warmer, the snow melted for a day or two. Then we got dumped on. I am ready for winter to GO AWAY!

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a great old house. But right now I'm conflicted: Big Corner Lot vs Lake Effect Snow.

I'm lucky I have two snowblowers and a wife.

There was a place I pass going to work every day that had a snowman that had to be 25 feet tall. The poor thing drooped a bit when we had a warm snap a couple weeks ago. I'll find out in the morning if they rebuilt it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That looks like fun! My dog would looooove playing in your yard.

Right now we just have like an inch or two of snow...I'm hopeing for another big snow storm before spring (we'll probably get a few more, actually). My dog absolutely loves playing in deep snow.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
;) Oh the joys of Spring in the North!!!!! I miss February/March snow storms, NOT!!!!! However it seems I may be moving back to it in a few months.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
It's all relative! And you could send some our way...I've been watering trees like crazy this winter.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
HA! :D I've had to water the frickin' lawn this year! The corners are green, the big dogs have molted and I still have to break out shorts and t-shirts daily. Ron, I am green with envy...

Since you're east of Colorado, that might be sled head hair too...

Those pictures are worth about three words. I couldn't get the full effect of a yard full of coat. I'd trade you any day.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
For those of you with snow - I envy you!!!! For those of you who are complaining of cold weather - be careful of what you wish for (warmer weather) you may get more than you bargained for.
We've hit in the 90's a few time this February. Sure, it may seem nice to some of you but just think; It's only February! What's it gonna be like in July/August? I think we may be burned to a crisp this summer here. :(

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I live in a place where it gets very hot and very cold . I would very much prefer to have it hot than cold , in the summer you can go to the lake , take the boat out and catch the breeze , hit the shade somewhere . When it's cold ,it's just plain cold and crappy all winter .

For those of you with snow - I envy you!!!! For those of you who are complaining of cold weather - be careful of what you wish for (warmer weather) you may get more than you bargained for.
We've hit in the 90's a few time this February. Sure, it may seem nice to some of you but just think; It's only February! What's it gonna be like in July/August? I think we may be burned to a crisp this summer here. :(

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts