Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jubel got a report card at daycare today telling me about his great day, it's cute and I like it. What makes it really amusing to me is that last week when I came to pick him up they were putting the finishing touches on another dog's 'first day' card and showed it to me because it had a picture of the new dog and Jubel playing and they look a good deal a like. I made the comment that Jubel never got a 'first day' card and this week I get a report card hehe.

It's cute and says the following:

Name: Jubel
Mood: Fun, friendly, and curious
Favorite Activities: metting new friends and invite them to play with me!
Friends: Tilly, Elli Mae, and Duffy (today is Duffy's 1st day)
Additional comments: Jubel is being such a good doggie today, he gave a warm welcome to our new friend Duffy, we love to see him with us here at our Lounge.

The Lounge is the name of the play room he's in, they have the Toy box and the Gym as the other two rooms.

Anyone go to a daycare that does cute things like this? They have special days frequently and did a birthday party for all January birthdays at the end of the month. I got the cutest picture of him in a birthday hat that day, I'm still shocked he posed for a picture with the hat on. He's fine about you putting things on him usually but they rarely stay for more than a few seconds before he shakes it off.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Aww love the pic!! He's such a handsome boy!

I think the report card idea is cool! If my dogs were at daycare I know I would contantly be wondering how they are doing and such.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My last daycare did a pup of the month thing. Basically, all of us(the employees) voted on a who won things like "best swimmer", "cutest puppy", etc. Customers loved it. Though I will admit there were a couple dogs that won once because their owners were displeased about not winning in previous months. Dogs went home with a certificate, picture of them playing, and a free day of daycare. That ended though because the staff in charge of making all of this were pretty peeved with the daycare owner over various things. They just said enough is enough.

My current daycare doesn't do anything to cute or fancy like that. We have a blog where we post pictures, video of the dogs playing, and some cute stories. A lot of customers like it since this daycare does not have live streaming cameras. Even without cameras, most of the customers know who their dog's bff is just because I'll talk their ears off about it.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have a dog of the week every week. I'm not sure any prize goes along with it but I could be wrong. As far as I know they just get their picture up on the facebook page and also the bulletin board in the entrance area and a nice blurb about the dog. Occasionally there are contests and such. I entered Jubel in a 'best smile' contest for dental heath month with a chance at a $50 gift card but didn't win. haha the person with a facebook page for their dog won that, it was through the facebook contest system so I'm sure they got lots of friends to vote each day.

My daycare does have streaming cameras but I can't view them from work so not much use to me. Jubel only goes once, sometimes twice, a week so most of the time if they tell me who he was playing with that day it's always someone different and unless they put some pics up on facebook I don't know who they are anyways.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The doggie daycare Coco goes to does this as well! They did it for her first day, but also they give me a report card each time she boards with them. The report card says she's outgoing and PLAYS ALL DAY WITHOUT STOPPING (yes, in caps lol). They also mention, when she's boarding, her bathroom habits, which are nice. With Coco, it's always "prefers to go outside," which is, of course, what I want. It also lists eating habits (whether she ate well) and there's a space for any concerns, but Coco never had any concerns.

The daycare also posts a lot of photos to facebook, and Coco pops up quite a bit. She's a ham.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
This is so cute! I wish our daycare place did this. Biscuit got a report card on her first day, but it just said she was nervous at first but then warmed up and that she is a good dog. Especially when we leave her overnight, I wish we knew more about what she's getting up to. She always comes back tired and happy and always eats her food, but I'd love if they put pictures on FB more often or had a Webcam.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We get super cute report cards every day our dogs are at daycare. They switch them up...sometimes they're graded and sometimes they're just little cartoon pictures of the dog's favorite activities, and they circle the ones that apply to them. It always says who their special friend was that day, and all the dogs' pictures are on their website so you can look them up if you like.

They also do a big Halloween party, where you bring your dog in costume and they take a picture and make it into a refrigerator magnet for you. There is a costume contest and everyone votes. The winners win free days at daycare.

At Christmas they give some little token gift with your dog's picture on it. This year it was Christmas ornaments. Super cute and thoughtful.

Our daycare also has a big summer picnic every year. It's a cookout, the dogs can come, and it's a great time. They give away great prizes too, and everyone who attends gets a prize! Last year I won a custom oil painting of my dog.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just saw that Jubel is dog of the week for daycare this week so I guess I'll find out if there is any prize for it. I don't think so but there could be. Here is the little bio they wrote for him, I like it.

Jubel has made his way to being Dog of the Week!! Congrats to you Jubel!

Meet Jubel, a four year old Plott Hound. He naturally likes to sniff out interesting trails, and we couldn't be happier that one of them led him right to Dogtopia of Tysons. As loyal as he is to mom, and likes to stick to her like glue, once he's here and made his way into the Lounge, the hunt is on. He's picked up a scent and now in pursuit. Freeze..he's found it. Alert and swift, he pounces. The game begins! Wrestling and romping all over the playroom, he's found Petie and Annie, the perfect playmates to enjoy the day with. Jubel has been a great addition to our family and can now enjoy the spotlight as our Dog of the Week.

He's also gotten another report card since the first one. I asked about those and they said all the room monitors each pick two dogs everyday to do report cards for just as a fun little extra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts