Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - brand new here so my apologies if a similar question has already been addressed. On Friday, I noticed that a lump my dog has had on her stomach had suddenly grown much bigger. I took her to the vet Saturday morning and they said that yes, what was just under a cm a few months ago had suddenly, overnight, grown to be 4cm by 4cm, and they determined it was a mast cell tumor. I have scheduled her for surgery to have it removed on Thursday.

Yesterday (Sunday, when my vet's office was closed), she started vomiting and getting stomach aches. The tumor had also grown just a little bit. I was up in the middle of the night with her last night with her stomach ache, and it looks like the place where the vet originally poked her tumor opened up and had bled a little -not bad, just a drip here and there.

Had anyone else had experience with the tumor bleeding? It's Monday morning and surgery is scheduled for Thursday - is it safe to wait that long?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses (and concern!). I called the vet and they said that loss of appetite/vomiting and a little bit of oozing is pretty normal with these things. I've put a t-shirt on her today to control her and keep her from licking at it, and hopefully we'll be ok until our surgery Thursday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts