1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I've got the DVR set to record this.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm watching the dog whisperer episode now.

So far it's ummm... interesting. The lady in the blue dress, UGH! If she could stop throwing her chest out every two seconds I might be able to pay attention to the rest of the show. As it is I can't take anything they are talking about seriously since I'm to busy being amazed (in a bad way) by HER behaviour.

Still, all in all it seems like a really good show and I'm happy that Cesar is using his fame to highlight puppymills.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I don't have extended cable so I can only watch the random episodes that sometimes appear on On Demand at my in-law's house. But I really like DogTown. BestFriends is a great organization. =)

·
Banned
749 Posts
I have it on Tivo. Fortunately my Tivo also has a built in DVD burner. One part of the show I liked was when Sharon Osbourne was walking into a puppy store to buy a Yorkie. She was stopped by a group that was protesting puppy mills outside and told that they have puppies with them available for adoption. Sharon Osbourne adopted a 3 year old Yorkie from the group instead of buying. As sad as it is with watching all these shows on puppy mills I am glad they are being brought to the forefront so people can be educated.

Anyone that would like to have it on DVD let me know.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
The CM show was OK. Showed how the "good" mass breeders still aren't very humane, and how messed up the poor dogs that come out of those places are. Fortunately dogs don't hold grudges and they rehabilitate fairly quickly. I wish they had spent more time on how to find a good breeder (why? Because there will always be people out there who ignore the "rescue rescue rescue" chant and want a purebred puppy from a breeder, and they need to know how to find a good one instead of giving up and buying from a puppymill because they think it's their only choice).

I always like DogTown. And they didn't end up in the cemetary this time, and I'm glad because that always makes me cry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts