Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months back I posted a question about my puppy and I got some harsh answers because I said I had not started walking her yet. I did not walk because she had not had all of her shots and our vet had said that our area has had a bad parvo outbreak. I was told I was doing her harm by not walking her. I understand that this is advice only and anyone can take advice or leave it. Well I stuck with my feeling and vets advice and warning and didnt walk her until she was done with her vax's. Boy I am happy I did. Now the parvo outbreak is so bad in my area and areas around me it is even on the news now. The shelter down the street from my house had over 50 dogs in one day PTS. I feel so bad for all the dogs affected by this ( my nieghbor lost 3 in a week ). I am so happy I went with my gut and vets advice. I know that no-one here intended to make me feel bad or anything but I just want to say you can ask for all the advice in the world but in the end listen to yourself and more importantly listen to your vet.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I didn't see your initial post, but I'm glad you went with your instinct too. I would have done something similar if there were a parvo outbreak in my area. I'm sure you found alternate ways to exercise your puppy until she had completed her vaccinations. How sad for all the pups who fell victim to parvo. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts