Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old puppy has some white growths in her mouth that I believe are canine papillomavirus warts. :( She goes to doggy day care every day, and the warts look pretty much like the pictures I've seen on the internet, so I'm pretty sure it's CPV. I'm going to the vet this weekend to have her check them out, just to make sure

I've been reading on this board and elsewhere on the internet that the warts will eventually just fall off after a few months, after puppies strengthen their immune systems.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following questions:
1. The warts could come back in the future, or will she be OK once the current warts fall off?

2. I've read that lysine and vitamin C could accelerate the healing by boosting the immune system. Has anyone had experience with this? Any other treatment remedies?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
My 6 month old puppy has some white growths in her mouth that I believe are canine papillomavirus warts. :( She goes to doggy day care every day, and the warts look pretty much like the pictures I've seen on the internet, so I'm pretty sure it's CPV. I'm going to the vet this weekend to have her check them out, just to make sure

I've been reading on this board and elsewhere on the internet that the warts will eventually just fall off after a few months, after puppies strengthen their immune systems.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following questions:
1. The warts could come back in the future, or will she be OK once the current warts fall off?

2. I've read that lysine and vitamin C could accelerate the healing by boosting the immune system. Has anyone had experience with this? Any other treatment remedies?

Thanks in advance!!
Kody had them. They say they are extremely comtageous to other dogs, but my other dogs didnt catch them, and neither did my friends 12 week old puppy that was at my house when I found them.

Kodys went away in about 2-3 weeks actually. He had one come back a few months ago, but none since then.

Its pretty much like human chicken pox. Although, I would advise the daycare you bring your dog to, and dont bring him back until they are all gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts