Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably did everything wrong in the book when I brought home a homeless puppy to my home. I did one thing right when I allowed my dog to sniff the puppy and have them go for a bathroom break together before bring them to my house. However the puppy didn't know the boundaries and bothered my existing dog to the point where he threatened her with a jab of his nose. (He never bites) I reacted on instinct and accidentally smacked my dog on the butt. Ever since then he won't allow the puppy 5 inches in front of him or anywhere for that matter. He constantly gives me this look that looks like he's glaring at me and it makes me feel so guilty. I want to know if I can reintroduce them or is it a hopeless cause and I should get the puppy adopted out (I'm not getting rid of my dog). Please help I really want to keep the puppy an have them get along!

Ps My dog is 4 years old and is known to get aggressive with larger dogs but not in a biting kind of way. More like puffing his chest and making scary growling noises kind of way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts