Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't get it out...any ideas.

what do you put in your kong (<~ not a euphemism )

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rascal has had one of those kong stick treats stuck in his kong for months now. I can't get it out for anything in the world. A friend of mine just suggested today to fill it with plain yogurt and freeze it. That sounds interesting.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Take a knife and scrape out the inside of it. Gross, but it works..

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
You could stick a skewer in the small end and push it out if it's hard, or stick it in the dish washer if it's really creamy.

I typically tend to put a dry treat in the bottom before I put anything else in because stuff tends to get stuck in the bottom and it's hard to clean, it just prevents a lot of hassle to stick a bisuit in there first.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I too use a wooden skewer when needed to clean mine out. And dishwasher it to get the rest out.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Bottle cleaner works well to (like baby bottle brush).. they are like 2 bucks at target ... lol one day I couldnt get the peanut butter out... I used it... it works like a charm.
I used to play Clarinet, and my old mouthpiece brush is like the same exact thing, though probably smaller. Works perfectly in the small size kongs, though :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I second the dishwasher. I put it on the top rack over one of the little sticks. It cleans up really nice. :)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Oh, I could the dishwasher. Should've thought of that one sooner.

I always have semi-long nails, so I poke my finger in the Kong and scrape every last bit of peanut butter and cheese and whatnot with my nails. How's that for gross? The things we do for our dogs.

I like putting different layers of goodness in Trent's Kong.

Layer One - Sausages/Liver Treats/Tidbit of raw meat
Layer Two - Bit of Kibble
Layer Three - Peanut Butter or Melted Cheese

I also mix Peanut Butter, Vanilla Yogurt, Honey, and mashed bananas or watermelons and stuff the Kong with that, and then freeze it. Trent only get's that rarely though, on very hot days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts