Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
No! I have always thought long and hard about what name seemed right for each dog. I know there are certain names I would avoid anyway and I tend to have all of my names for dogs be German names. It seems like after a very short time of the dog having the name, I can't see them as anything else.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
i had a foster named abigail or abby which is my boyfriends niece's name. so when i yelled abby both would look at me like who me

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't regret what I've named my animals, but I know a cat who I regret what their owner named her.
Her name is Down Town Doo-Doo Brown (no lie). Worst part? She's grey and white.
She belongs to my dad's business partner. I had to pick her up from the vet the day she got spayed.... OMG soooo embarrassing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes and yes..I wish I had not chosen Sasha, its more common then I thought.Plus its very close to Appa and rather confusing for them.We call her Sausage most the time now.
I didnt name all the dogs and cats, my kids picked alot of the names for them.
We call our cats Orange cat and Black cat, how creative is that.I am horrible at naming anything.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
i havent named my new siamese kitten yet so far im calling him fuznut or fuzzy nuts....my daughter told her grandma thats what i named him...she gave me a dirty look

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Kechara was my first dog that I had to choose a registered name for I choose "Fleming's Flying Kechara" OH how I hate that name now. if I had the money I would send in the form to get it changed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
YES! In fact, I regretted what we named our new puppy so much that we changed his name! We got him 2 weeks ago and named him JT but it just did not gel for some reason. It is hard to say why it didn't work. So ast week we changed his name to Bo'Sun (as in a nautical term for a boat swain..a rank on a boat). Seemed like a better idea than sticking with a name that no one else seemed to like (despite the fact that all 3 kids and both adults wrestled with names for a month before we got him!)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well, I don't regret the name Bella - she is beautiful!! I just wish I knew how many other people used the same name!

Now, our cat Zelda (God rest her 19-year-old kitty soul), was true to her name! She was nuts and was planning to kill us - I know it! LOL :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
My dog's name was already named by the time I got her. My 9 year old neice named the dog Snowball because she was white and fluffy at the time.Now,9 months later,it's more golden than white,and not as fluffy.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I quite love the name I chose for my puppy...Radha...but everyone else seems to be trying to make me regret it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I don't really care for the name Peanut, but I couldn't think of anything else at the time and she was a last minute decision to bring home from the track. So, we just call her by her nickname more often than not - Princess Mugglesworth or Muggles.

I never liked the name Melody when we chose it, but we already had her littermate sister Harmony and I couldnt' think of any other name that "went with" Harmony. But, I usually call her by her nickname Melted Cheese or Cheese.

DH picked the name Wuzho for our staghound and I dont' care for it. I really liked the name he came with (Cigan). We usually call him Woot or wooter though....and that suits him.

eta: a name I DO like is Prajna, who DH named before we got married. Prajna means transcendental wisdom and it's really a fitting name for him. It's prounounced Prah-nuh, but everything things we're saing piranha (like the fish). So, we usually call him by his nickname around other people - Diddy (or P or P Diddy)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I hate that one of my cats is named Big Boy! :D He was the biggest kitten in a litter of 3 that were rescued, and they were all given "temporary" names because I didn't think they would stay. Well, my husband fell HARD for the kittens and they... stayed. ;) So now my poor cat has to live with this silly name that everyone laughs over. :)

I really love my dogs' names, though. We all took our time thinking about them and they fit them beautifully!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
So .. I must rant how much I hate name Johnnie. My little brother named her after the movie shining! Ugh oh how I hate that name

How about you? Do you regret the name you named your dog?
How about after the song Frankie & Johnny? Just don't think about the movie. And I like the name Johnnie... :)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yup, I don't care for Frosty or Shiner...my daughter named Frosty and as a puppy it fit, being a blue merle, he looked like a frosted version of our tri color pup. Now though I think it's a goofy name for a serious dog, and I wish I'd named him something more dignified.

Shiner is named for his black eye and DH's favorite beer....it's ok, I wanted to change it the first week but DH is set on it. The problem I have is that no one knows what I'm saying at first...his vet records have him as Cheyenne because that's what they thought I said. It's like every time I say his name I have to follow it with an explanation.

I also have a cat named Pookie...ick...I got her 14 years ago and my boyfriend at the time and I couldn't decide on a name. In the meantime we got stuck calling her by her nickname, Pookie. Her official name is TieDye, only because we needed something to go on her records and someone at the vet suggested it...I don't like it either.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I like Peanut.

I like Abbadon, though I always call him Abba. I could do without the horrible band references.:rolleyes:

Luke..fits.:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts