Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turns out Quest and a bunch of other names I like have been taken. This is the 7th time through the alphabet for this breeder, so I can't say I'm surprised... I mean with 40-50 other Q___ puppies, I bet he's already gone through the dictionary.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to 2 names. The breeder has confirmed that they have not yet been reserved. I asked on another forum, and there seemed to be a tie.

I originally wanted Qillian, but that name was taken, too, so Qillan is the closest I can think of.

Which one do you prefer?

Qillan "Trent" vom HausReid

or

Qodiak "Trent" vom HausReid?

He's a male German shepherd puppy, either a black and tan or a black and red. I'll be taking him home April 17th or 18th. Very excited!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I like Qodiak.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Q as in his call name is Q? I don't especially like the letter Q :p And I've already decided his call name "Trent" a long time back, and I like that name.

If you mean why can't his registration name be Q... I'm pretty darn sure it's already taken, if it would work as a reg. name. After 7 litters of Q puppies, I don't have much to choose from!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quin, Quinn, Quintin have all already been taken. Remember, this is the 7th Q-litter! Quota, I am sure has already been taken, but either way that sounds to feminine to me.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I do remember this is the 7th Q litter, but since I don't have the list of the names that have been taken, I'm throwing out suggestions. Quixote? Scratch that, I see it and Quest (and a few I suggested above) were said to be taken. How about Qoyote? Quality? Qnundrum? Qurious? Quigley? Quasar? Quasi? Just a few more.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I betcha that "Quixotic" isn't taken! LOL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went through my phone book. Seeing as I live in Germany, I thought you might like a "German" name for your GSD. lol
These are all people's name.
Quellet
Quinton/Quinten
Quint
Quinon
Quosig
Quartier
Quaer
Quoiffy
Quirin

This is a town. You could just shorten it to Quirn.
Quirnbach

I hope this will help you.
Oh and congrats on a Hausreid puppy! They are a wonderful line.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went through my phone book. Seeing as I live in Germany, I thought you might like a "German" name for your GSD. lol
These are all people's name.
Quellet
Quinton/Quinten
Quint
Quinon
Quosig
Quartier
Quaer
Quoiffy
Quirin

This is a town. You could just shorten it to Quirn.
Quirnbach

I hope this will help you.
Oh and congrats on a Hausreid puppy! They are a wonderful line.
Quint, Quinton, Quaer, and Quirin have been taken, I think. But geesh, I wish I waited for you, because I love those names on the list! I couldn't find any good foreign Q names at all. T-T
I am very excited for my HausReid pup - it took me a while to settle on the right breeder. But so many people pointed me towards Ray Reid, I was sure he was a fantastic breeder.

I ended up going with Qodiak. It's a cute name, and I think in the picture, the puppies do look like little bears. The breeder likes the name, too.

Can't wait for him to come home!! Only 5 weeks + 1 day!

Maliraptor - I really liked Qillan, too, but no one else did >.> They told me it sounded too much like "Kill", which was morbid. pft.

Maybe the next puppy I get will be QT Pi or Apple Pie Sugar Lump vom HausReid :D

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Awww! No Quixotic v Haus Reid? LOL!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quester was taken :( Ray suggested naming him Quuest or Questt, but I didn't like that so much.

Actually, Quixote/Quixotic was one of the first names that popped in my head when I thought of "Q". What a silly puppy that would be if he took after his namesake :p

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Well, at least he won't be Quotient or Quintessential! Or, God forbid...Qrabby!

Or..Quino, Quno, Qaro, Quince, Quill, Quip, Qranberry Qapsize (If you haven't noticed, I love playing with words)

.....Qantankerous v HausReid! *ROFL!!!!*

Qapstone Qonnor Qorbin Quiko (Kiko), Quarter, Quinine, Qualm, Quip, Qarmine, Qarp, Qarte Blanche (I'm so sorry, I can't stop!)

Qreep, Qrank, Quatro, Quinto, Qairo, Qwerty (QWERTY Keyboard! LOL!), Qyle, Qaiman, Qastro...

SO MANY Q's!!!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh so NOW you pop on over with these lists of names! You know, I made a cry for help on Q names in the GSD forum, too! ;)

Next dog I get, I'm heading straight for you Xeph.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Do alot of breeders do this whole "Letter" Litter thing? I knew someone who had a Basenji from an R litter, but haven't heard of it other than that and your pup. Seems like a cool idea but I wonder why they don't skip the hard letters.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems like it. Every breeder I've spoken with/looked at registers their pups according to the "_"-litter they were born in. Hey, at least I didn't get an "X" pup! I'm sure there are many who don't do the alphabet naming system, but it seems to be the most popular.

I guess it'd just be a bit odd if they use the whole alphabet except for 2 or 3 letters. It would be rather confusing for others, too, if the breeder didn't just follow through and use the whole alphabet. I mean, after seeing every other breeder use X's and Q's, and I come across a website saying "R"-litter born 3-1-09!! "S"-litter born 3-8-09!!! I would definitely wonder where the heck the "Q"-litter went! It might just be a bit more trouble than it's worth to name after the alphabet except for the hard letters.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quint, Quinton, Quaer, and Quirin have been taken, I think. But geesh, I wish I waited for you, because I love those names on the list! I couldn't find any good foreign Q names at all. T-T
I am very excited for my HausReid pup - it took me a while to settle on the right breeder. But so many people pointed me towards Ray Reid, I was sure he was a fantastic breeder.

I ended up going with Qodiak. It's a cute name, and I think in the picture, the puppies do look like little bears. The breeder likes the name, too.

Can't wait for him to come home!! Only 5 weeks + 1 day!

Maliraptor - I really liked Qillan, too, but no one else did >.> They told me it sounded too much like "Kill", which was morbid. pft.

Maybe the next puppy I get will be QT Pi or Apple Pie Sugar Lump vom HausReid :D

I had a friend who named her K litter dog Kilum. Big dopey guy, but many people DID question the "Kill "em" name, although she swears that was not her intent.

I looked up your litter's pedigree, and I think you'll be happy with your puppy. Nice solid pedigree without being over the top in any aspect. :)

Can't wait for pics and the like when you get him!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Under the german system it is customary to go through the alphabet to get registered names for the puppies, as they only have one name for it, as opposed to the Americans, who give the dogs fancy names (Such as in the case of Justin...NewMoon Sajela's Obstructn of Justice)

And X names?

Xylo
Xylophone
Xello
Xanax
Xentin
Xero
Xenith
Xorbit
Xeamus
Xit
Xip
Xorro

OMG In the Q's! I forgot about Qredit and Quiggly! And Qristopher, Qatastrophe, Qlone, Qlown, Quell, Qram, Qiss (Kiss), Qamera, Qordon, Qaper, Qarma, and Qimber! *GASP* QARMA!

Qorporal? Qommandant? Question or Qooper?

I'm so sorry...I just keep thinking of Q's! Like Quack and Quaker! :D

And Qameron....
Qujo?
Qarter?
Qore?
Qeeper?

:eek:
*runs away*

1 - 20 of 40 Posts