Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two year old yellow lab that has red mange :( ..........I was wondering if there was something that didnt have dangerous chemicals in it and that is a natural thing to give my dog...... also if not is there a cheaper place to buy the medinice she needs for it.............thanks

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I once had a dog with mange(I'm not sure if it was red mange) and there was nothing to do but take him to the vet. I know it be a bit expensive but it's sought of a punishment for not making sure he hed all his vaccines. I've learnt from my mistake and now always make sure my dog has his shots.
I really don't know where you could get cheap treatment, but just go for whatever your vet gives you. It's not THAT expensive.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I once had a dog with mange(I'm not sure if it was red mange) and there was nothing to do but take him to the vet. I know it be a bit expensive but it's sought of a punishment for not making sure he hed all his vaccines. I've learnt from my mistake and now always make sure my dog has his shots.
Um....mange has NOTHING to do with vaccines. The usual vaccines are for distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus, leptospirosis, and rabies.

Medications from the vet are your best bet. It can be dangerous to try to treat these things yourself.....some home remedies are more toxic than the vet meds. If your vet prescribes Ivermectin, you can buy it online, on farm animal supply websites. You just have to be sure to get the dosing right.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mange has nothing to do with mange? Well, I guess my vet lied, I can't believe it. When I took my dog to the vet with mange, he said it was because he was not up to date with certain vaccines:(. I must have been dumb enough to believe him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Give Calm Coat a try. I used it on our dogs for a overall body rash, it wasnt mange, I think it was allergies from grass but anyways it is all natural & I think it would work. It says it is good for all tyoes of itching & skin irritations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts