Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
she also has some on her lady parts. Its only in a small area and the only spot on her body that doesnt have hair. I dont think its ringworm and shes up to date on all her shots and flea and tick/dewormer. Any ideas? maybe allergies? she hasnt always had it but its been getting worse over the last couple weeks. How do you treat allergies for dogs anyway? We havent changed her food or anything, nothing is different. I tried to take a pic...

ok, i am jsut seeing a red X on the pic i tried to post so here is the link...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3635227253/

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That looks like more than an allergic rash. I'd take her to the vet.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Get her into a vets office ASAP, it could be many things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah she is going to go probably monday, i work at the SPCA and i made an appt. but i was wondering if anyone knew anything that would be helpful that i could try before going there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
possibly a staph infection. try putting some rubbing alcohol or peroxide on it or alternate using one in the morning and the other at night. certainly can't hurt until you get Vegas to the vet.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
DO NOT use peroxide or alcohol on the sores, it will only make the problem worse. From your picture it looks like some sort of skin infection, but there's no way to tell for sure without seeing it in person and possibly doing a skin scrape. Personaly I wouldn't wait till monday. Infections can take over very quickly and if it's came on suddenly and/or has spread that's even more reason to bring her in ASAP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts