Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I noticed my dog was scratching her back a lot, then this morning I found several red tiny splotches/bumps along her back. The area feels a bit inflamed, I'm not sure if that's from all her scratching or if it's from the bites. She had a bath yesterday morning with her regular shampoo, and she is on flea and tick prevention. Her behavior is normal (apart from the scratching). Any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sydney gets something similar on her chest when she runs through stinging nettles at me parents house, is it possible she got into something irritating? Do you have stinging nettles in TX? just curious, they're fuzzy plants with little white flowers and hurt like the ****ens when you brush against them, resulting in tiny red bumps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Seconding the stinging nettles as a possibility. We have them here, and they suck. Luckily, Indiana's pretty good about staying on trail, so we don't deal with them too often.

But since it's running along her back...? How tall is she? Could they be from ants or chiggers? And definitely do a thorough check for fleas. Flea prevention doesn't always mean prevention against fleas, if you know what I mean. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts