Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for an e-collar that has all separate tone, vibrate, shock buttons. Currently use one but the remote is too large for my liking. For more background - we use it on a hound mix when she is off leash. Taught by a trainer how to use it, but she shuts down on any shock level she can feel, so we use the tone to get her attention and to look at us. She has great recall, once she gets her nose off the ground and realizes we're asking her to come.

Even better - would be any recommendations for a tone and vibrate/poke only collar.

Please only recommendations for e-collars. I know there are many different opinions and respect them all, but this method has worked for us and now we have a much more confident, happy dog. Went through several trainers before we found one that works for us and her.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Pro Educator 900. It has 4 buttons that you can program (via an USB) to what you want: Tone, vibrate, nick, continuous, nick boost, continuous, ramp......

I like the size of its remote as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Have you looked into options for deaf dogs? A lot of people like to use vibrate-only remote collars to be able to cue a deaf dog to look at them for instruction at a distance, since obviously they can't hear traditional recall cues or whistles.

I don't know much about this site, just found it from a quick search, but it discusses some options:
Vibration Collars for Deaf Dogs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts