Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a approx 3 month old husky mix. She just recovered from parvo (thankfully!) and now it's on to training. She gets into everything, pillows, shoes, furniture. When I'm outside watering the flowers with miracle gro she always want to drink it up.

I always say "no" with a raised/deeper voice or "bad girl". I never get a response! The most I've gotten is a bark bag and a wagging tail.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Tell her what you want, instead of what you don't want.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Well I'd say if your getting a bark, a tail-wag your doing fine even if dog is not doing as you would like. She is a pup that also just went through a parvo attack and that's a lot for a young rascal so do not despair. Just hang tough and somebody will be here to help.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Unless you've taught her what No means, then she has no way of knowing. You might want to reconsider letting her around dangerous chemicals until she's trained.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It takes dog awhile to start to understand what "no", "bad", "leave it" actually mean. It's like someone saying a word or a sentence to you in a foreign language you've never heard before and expecting you to react appropriatly....doesn't make any sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts