Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Atlas. I rescued him from a local shelter near the end of January. He is 3 months old in the first picture, and getting close to seven in the one with the cat. He is currently pushing 65-70 lbs. The shelter had him listed as a Rott mix. I can see the Rott part but not the other breed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Looks more like a lab or a lab hound mix maybe.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Yeah--lots of breeds come in black and tan, including off-standard labs as well as hounds! I second lab/hound.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I looked at the pic before reading the post, and I thought lab mix. Maybe rottie. But I really see lab.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
He looks very much like Benny ... a 4 week old puppy I rescued last year. Benny's Mom was a Dobie/Lab mix for certain ... and his Dad was a possible Rott/Husky mix.

Benny was 10 weeks old in this picture. He weighed 30 pounds at 16 weeks old. He is now between 75-80 pounds as a year old pup.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh he's a handsome dog!
These were taken the day I brought Atlas home from the shelter.

And these I took today.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Oh my!!! He is gorgeous too! I am going with Rott/Lab/ mix as my guess for Atlas. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea the length of his mouth and the way his jowls droop a little are what make me think that the Rott part was right.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yeah now I see Rott.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I'm actually thinking Bernese Mountain Dog/Lab. Something about his face and eyes looks Berner to me, not Rott.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have no idea I don't know breeds to well, but he is tooo Cute. I have the same issue with my just adopted dog. They say whippet Mix, but Mixed with what? lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
So cute. Maybe some lab in there? He looks to have a sweet disposition!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts