Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it'd be nice to find out what little quirks everyone's dogs have. The things that make you love your goofy dog even more. The things that are silly and unique to YOUR dog.

For me it's Hallie's extreme fear of fire hydrants. :doh: My goofy girl is so backwards! When she wants to play during bedtime she'll get a toy and sling it around in my face while growling like a wild dog. She's a silly girl but I love her!

What are your dog/s quirks?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am still discovering Delilah's quirk's but I love how she will come up to me and paw at me and then when I look to see what she wants she wiggles on down to the ground with the tail just a-wagging looking for some attention.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I love the way Gally "hunts" my feet and hands if I move them around fast under the blankets. He will stare at it moving then spring across the bed and pounce. It's adorable and even though he tries to catch it in his mouth it doesn't hurt. So much fun.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I love Kit's enthusiasm - it's totally infectious. I love how well she focuses, blocking out the rest of the world like it isn't even there. I love how anyone she sees must be greeted like a long-lost friend. I love the way she looks at me - like I hung the stars in the sky. I love how she manages to be the honor student and the class clown, all at the same time.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Luke: I love Luke's goofiness and the fact that when we laugh at him he gets so excited. I love that when I get home, even if I've only been gone 5 minutes he is soooooo happy to see me. And I love that he looks at me like I'm the most important person in his world. He always makes me feel better. His happiness is very contagious.

Zoey: I love Zoey's enthusiasm for stuff. She gets really excited when we work on training or tricks and she's always game for most everything. I love that I can see her observing and thinking about things. And she's kind of a tough girl, but when she's tired she gets super cuddly and lovey.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
When Izze was alive I loved the way she looked at me, when I looked into her eyes it was like she was so wise & old, like she new everything about the world.... Like she was there when the big bang happened, it's painful sometimes becuse Buddy has the same look kind of in Buddy when he looks at me. That & his utter devotion to me, like when he has to be in his "house" (an empty barn stall) when I come to get him he acts like I've been gone for yrs lol

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
When Leeo was alive he would stare at me as if he knew my every thought. We would have stare downs and sometimes he would do things before I even asked ... like he could read my mind. He had the most contagious little grumble howling thing that lasted for at least 30 seconds before it stopped ... what he did when he greeted me after I had been away for a bit. He would stare at me and move his mouth open and shut and nothing came out ... until he actually mimicked the word " out " .... he was so very special. :)

Now little Eddee has that same stare .... I wonder where it will take him? He brings tears to my eyes when he looks at me this way.
I love how little Eddee snuggles up to me on my lap and wants kisses .... :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
First thing in the morning, I call lokis name and I hear his tail thumping in his crate ... hes still sleeping. I wake him up and he grabs what every toy is closest to him and walks around the house huffing so proud of himself, wagging his tail ... then he comes to the couch, rolls over on his back for tummy rubs mouth WIDE open like a gator and kicks his feet until I give him belly rubs ... Then its all business with breakfast !

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I love that Leann is so happy, playful and enthusiastic. I love that everything is new and interesting to her. She changes personalities around water, whether its a pool, lake, ocean the hose or a fountain. I absolutely love how she stands perfectly still to stare at statues. She makes friends where ever she goes, but she knows how to be gentle and well behaved. She sits very nicely for exams at the vet's office (no matter what their doing), and kindly asks for more!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love that my lab has never met a stranger. I love that she always assumes a new person/dog is going to be her best friend. She once ran up to a statue, tail wagging, because she thought it was a person.

I love that my lhasa apso is so friendly, even though he had such a rough start. I love his forgiving nature. :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I love the fact he's such a happy, energetic, happy-go-lucky dog. With his rough past, he would have had many excuses to be aggressive and hard to deal with.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If you pronounce his name (Toby) as "hewwwwww-BEEEEEE!" while rubbing his fur backwards he does the zoomies. And when you walk in the door and hear his nails go CLICK on the wood floor from jumping off the human bed where he was napping...you walk into the room and he's lying on the dog bed and gives you this look of "SEE, I have TOO been lying here the whole time you were gone!"

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I love how sometimes gives us the "Elvis Lip" (I'm sure most of you know what I mean lol) if she is a little confused.

One of the things I love the most is how she always greets us at the door with SOMETHING in her mouth. She doesn't chew shoes any more, but if there is no toy handy, she'll grab a shoe....then when I walk in the door I get the "wiggle dance", wagging so hard her whole back end is going and she paces around me, wiggling the whole time waiting for me to put my stuff down to day hi. No matter how bad of a day I've had, or how bad the drive home was, it all melts away for at least a few minutes when I see that joy. Even better when she does her little excited grumble-growl along with it.

I love how if I'm sad or crying she'll be super sweet for a second or two, then do something really inappropriate and goofy. Its like she's saying "don't dwell on it, you've had your moment, now lets smile a bit!".

And, I kind of love how when my husband came home late and I was in bed she bolted off the bed, hackles up and teeth bared, then as soon as she saw who it was, she started her wiggle dance. It was kind of scary that she could get like that, but I love that she wants to protect me, yet backs down the second she knows its safe.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I once had a HUGE fight with my boyfriend. By huge I mean kicked him out of the house and wanted nothing to do with him huge.
Well, as I slumped to the floor, a sobbing mess, my 10 month old crazy doberman say right next to me and let me cling to him for three hours.
This is a dog that is super velcro but likes physical contact on his own terms.

While there are many reasons that I love my dog, this is the biggest one.

I've had Ruthie for a much shorter amount of time but I love how goofy and unconditionally loving she is.
I visited my parent's house the other week and had to sleep on an air mattress. Ruthie HATED walking on it so in the mornings when I would call her to come cuddle with me she would take a running leap and throw herself on me, landing on her back and wiggling around. It was adorable.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I love how attached Sydney gets to people. She has a capacity for love that I swear I've never seen in another animal. She isn't really very clingy-- she could spend a large part of the day lying quietly under the bed or in her crate, but when someone stops by that she likes and remembers she goes mad with affection. She whines and rolls around trying to get them to rub her belly. There are certain people that she seems to just love so much it hurts.

I love how much she's changed and opened up in the past 3 years. She's what I would describe as a fairly nervy dog-- she hates the mailman and grumbles at people walking by the house, but she's gone from a dog who was afraid of absolutely everyone and everything she didn't know, to a dog that has terrible door manners because she can hardly contain her excitement at meeting a new person. She's gone from a dog who would cower and urinate all over herself if someone stood over her, to one that is known to invade personal space until she's asked not to. She's a reminder that it's never too late to learn or to start enjoying life.

I love her enthusiasm for play. She can be so silly. Often she'll paw me while I'm working, with a rope in her mouth, then when I finally bend down to grab it she'll bolt away, hoping to be chased. I love the way she barks when she finds me during hide and seek, so pleased with herself. I love the way she's learned to avoid being picked up when necessary, by hopping straight backwards like a gazelle. I love the way she'll roll over without being asked if she wants the food you've got-- she knows that's a cuter and more effective method than grabbing it. ;p

I love that she came to me out of necessity when she had no where else to go, but ended up fitting in just perfect anyway. She's everything I want and need in a dog. Boy did that get sappy fast. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I love that Hobbes lives in the moment. No matter what happened yesterday, or 20 minutes ago, he's all about RIGHT NOW. Is it time for a walk? AWESOME! Time for dinner? MY FAVORITE! Time to lay on the couch with mom & dad? FANTASTIC!

I also love that when I come from work he runs to the door to greet me with great enthusiasm, then he runs for the nearest toy. He presents it to me like a gift. "Here, Mom. Missed you. Play with me!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts