Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a huge problem with my dog, wonder if you can help...

As a family we adopted a dog about a year ago from a deprived background (She wasn't in a dog home, but she was really badly treated never went for walks, poor diet etc etc) so we got her and she settled in fine (We've had a Springer Spaniel from Birth, they're both amazing together)

She's always been a bit angry, like if you stroke her quickly, or raise your hand she will growl and get her teeth out, but I presume that's just to do with her bad past life, She's only ever bitten one person and that was only a little nip, nothing really to worry about.

But ever since Firework night she's completely changed, she used to enjoy going for walks (I walk them twice a day; and she used to always sit by the door waiting to go for a walk) but now she doesn't leave the house. She will leave the garden, but as soon as we go out onto the drive, she pulls of her collar and just runs back to the back gate. I don't really want to take her for a walk purely because we live right next to a main road, and if she pulls of the collar and runs into the road, it could get messy.

The main reason I think she's changed so much is because on the evening of Firework night I walked them both together like usual, (I was aware there would be fireworks, so walked them earlier) but it wasn't early enough, and in the woods where I walk them there was a few firework displays, she ran away when the fireworks started, and I had to use her lead so I could walk her safely without her running off.

Ever since then she's been aggressive towards me, not just when I'm putting the lead on, even if I go near her she gets her teeth out and gets really aggresive. But she hasn't bitten me.

I appreciate any comments/suggestions in how to resolve this problem. Thanks guys.
(Also, if stuff didn't make sense please ask and I'll explain it, also, sorry if there's spelling mistakes, the spell check on this browser is broken.)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Agree with above.

You sound like you are in England. What part? and i will see who i can recommend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts