Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sasha had a blast at the re-union with her sister(Who is almost her identical twin) today at the doggy park. I snapped a few pictures for us 'n for the breeder... The breed is a hybrid - Golden Pyreneese(black colored litter this time). 85-115 pound dog. Females avg 85 to 95 and males 100-115. Mother Great Pyreneese / Father Golden Retriever. They are 13 weeks old. (or about, born oct 21st)

Anyways... The First picture is of Sasha hyped up about the re-union(or so i say, lol).

Here are 2 pictures of the girls.. The First one is of Zoey 'n Sasha(formally known as Bam-Bam*Sasha* and Bootsie*Zoey*) first meeting after being seperated for 5 weeks.

Here in Pic 2 is of them at the end of the playdate/re-union.

The 1 with the white booties(the bigger white booties that is, lol) and the white tipped tail(the bigger white tipped tail that is, lol) is Zoey... I am sorry if the pic's are a bit blurry as they were taken with my cellphone and they were in motion. lol. we couldn't get them to sit still for a "pretty" shot. lol. too hyped up. typical kids. lol

PS::::

In Sasha's litter's case, they will grow between 60 and 85 pounds since the father was the goldie(weighed abt 60 lbs) and the mother was the gp(weighed 85pounds).

·
Registered
792 Posts
Okay, what I really want to know is how one gets a black puppy from a Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees cross?

Edit: Forgot to say that she is a cute fluff ball.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
In Sasha's litter's case, they will grow between 60 and 85 pounds since the father was the goldie(weighed abt 60 lbs) and the mother was the gp(weighed 85pounds).
That's not necessarily true. . .sometimes mixed breeds will end up larger than both parents. Be prepared!

Hmm, yeah, now that I think of it, how DID they get black pups from a mix of a golden dog and a white dog? Do you know what the other pups looked like?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Adorable mutts but I also wonder how they got black pups from that particular cross. Do those breeds have the genetics to produce predominantly black puppies when mixed?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
OK, after thinking about it for a while, I'm remembering something I may have read earlier. . .I know white dogs can be genetically black. In order for the pups to be white, both parents have to pass on the white masking gene. And something about Goldens also not being genetically red, but black. . .I'll see if I can find something about it, or wait for SOB to show up and educate us :D. But I think black pups are possible in that pairing.

Do you mean the people who own Sasha's parents do this on purpose? And don't care if their pups end up in a shelter? Charming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts