Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Pneumonia or something else?

My 17 month old Border Terrier Toby has been in and out of the vet's office since mid April for what the vet believes is pneumonia. Unfortunately the vet failed to catch anything when we first brought him in April but after several other visits and several x-rays she concluded it was pneumonia, mostly due to a persistent cough and a high white blood cell count. He's now been through three courses of antibiotics and his cough is gone and his white blood cell count has decreased each time but is still above normal. The vet now wants to perform a tracheal wash to determine if it is pneumonia or something else. Although this could be helpful, I've lost confidence in the vet as she's mishandled bloodwork on several occassions and comes off as being unskilled and impersonable. I'm considering going to a nearby vet hospital to get a second opinion. If anyone has had a similar experience and could offer their suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

If you've lost confidence in the vet, then by all means get another opinion.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Definately get another opinion.If you can't have trust in yur vet... What would you do if it was your son/daughter???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts