Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to Dog Forums. I stay in India and have just added a member to the family! She is Suzi, a snow-white Lhasa Apso. I did some research on dog food, behaviour traits, training and so on before I brought Suzi into the fold. And I decided that I would go the raw way if that were acceptable. Suzi has taken to raw like a fish to water.

So I am naturally very excited! Raw, in my opinion, is NATURAL and therefore very HEALTHY. Suzi should live long and play hard, and have as happy a life with us as possible. I do intend to give her the best of everything.

She eats lamb, chicken, peas, rice, carrots, boiled potato and occasionally kibble, though I am averse to feeding commercial foods (thanks to my research). Now, I am looking for a list of raw foods that can be safely fed to Lhasa Apso puppies. I'd very much love a list of raw veggies, fruits and other food that will keep Suzi happy and healthy.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Make sure you do careful research to know that you are feeding the right nutrient balance. Especially for a growing puppy. For example, are you feeding organ meats like liver and kidney? If you are not feeding the raw chicken with bone-in, then she needs another source of calcium like ground up eggshells.

If you post here what proportions of each ingredient she is getting each day, we could help you figure out how to make a balanced diet.

Fruits and vegetables are more just for treats or snacks rather than making up a substantial part of a raw diet. Most of their important nutrients like calcium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium etc are found mainly in meat and bone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts